chapter thirty-six

Rorys pov

" You don't need to tell me who it is, I know already." I replied, sighing.

"What ? Who do you think it is?" Zayn asked, shocked.

"My producer, Derick." I replied.

"But how?"

"For being taylors brother he isn't as sneaky as she is. Most probably because he actually cares about people. I mean he's only trying to protect himself and someone he loves. "

"So what you're saying is the person that he loves is the reason why Taylor is blackmailing him since their father wouldn't approve or something?" Zayn asked.

"Exactly."

"But what is the issue with the girl he's in love with?" Zayn asked, confused.

"That's the thing. It's not a woman."

" You mean ?"

"Yes zayn, Derick is in love with another man. They're dating in secret due to Dericks dad thoughts on the matter and Taylor knows that. "

"What an ass. But how do you know know about Derick's boyfriend? And how the heck do you know that Taylor wanted a copy of your song?"

"Well Derick, like I said isn't a sly as his beloved sister. It was actually a few months ago when I finished the song that I realized she wanted to try
taking something or do something to me . "

"What do you mean must be trying to take something from you ?" Zayn asked, confused once again.

"Well I didn't know the specifics of what she was trying to do. I just knew she had wrapped her brother into her game."

"Right, but how?"

"It's the same way that I found about Derick having a boyfriend."

"What do you mean?"

"Let's just say you should never leave your phone unattended."

"Oh, do continue."

"Okay, but this is a little complicated , so if you have any questions please wait until the end because it's confusing to me as well when I found out."

Throwback

Rorys POV

"This song is sounding amazing Rory." Derick complimented.

I was currently in the recording studio since I needed to take my mind of things that are going on and what better way to do that by singing my heart out until I lose my voice.

"Thanks derick. " I replied from the recording booth.

"What was your inspiration for this song ?" He asked, seeming interested.

"Do all songs need to come from inspiration?" I asked.

I mean he right it's come from things that are going on. But I just wanted to ask.

"Well my sister sings and all she sings about is relationships she's had with different guys." He replied.

"Oh really ? Do I know her ?" I asked.

I saw derick eyes widen seeming somewhat uncomfortable.

But why would he be uncomfortable with such a simple question ?

"Oh.....no I don't think so. She's not that well known. " he replied as he rubbed the back of his neck with his hand.

"Why are you acting like you're trying to hide something from me?" I asked.

"I'm not." He replied.

"I'm not a fan of liars derick." I said.

I mean I knew he wasn't telling me something but I'm not entirely sure what.

"I promise I'm not."

"Okay, but if you are I must warn you you've chosen the wrong person to mess with."

"Noted." He replied before excusing himself.

To be honest since I've known derick, which hasn't been that long,  he hasn't really been that forthcoming with me apart from when I've finished a song.

I mean yes, he will converse with me but the majority of the time it feels forced. The only real time he seems interested is when I've shown him a new song I've been working on.

I mean there has been a few occasions where I've left the studio before he has, which I suppose is normal but from the way he acts around me it doesn't really sit well with me.

And I have no idea why. It's just a feeling I have abs 95% of the time that feeling I have is right.

But little did I know I was about to find out a couple of reasons why.