chapter twenty-nine

Rory's pov

I never would have imagined that I would be in the back of a police car in my early twenties. I keep wondering why imp in this situation. I haven't done anything wrong. I mean iv e never smoked or done anything illegal, well apart from accidentally forgetting to pay for a jar of Nutella, which might I add, I went back and paid for whilst apologising profusely.

I knew asking the officer that was driving me wouldn't tell me the reason why imp being taken down to the police station for questioning. I mean the world isn't that kind.

The car ride felt like it was taking forever. Maybe it was because I felt so nervous and just wanted to get it over and done with, but again, the world isn't that kind.

Or it may be because I want to hurry and get back and ask zany what he wanted to tell me before the officer can and took me away.

Ha. I'm talking like imp not going back to zany and the others.... I mean I am returning to them aren't I? I'm not getting arrested and placed in jail am I?

Before I thought of the worst case scenario the car came to a halt. I quickly wiped the sweat of my hands before the officer came and opened the door.

"Thank you." I said nervously, the officer just nodded before he gestured for me to go ahead.

Okay, maybe it's just a simple questioning. I mean otherwise I would have been handcuffed and escorted down to the station.

Once we walked into the station I was taken to a room with a table and three chairs. Two on one side and one on the other.

"Have a seat Ms Skyes." The officer said gesturing me to sit down on the chair before he sat on the other side, "my colleague will be joining us shortly" he added. I just nodded my head.

Not long after the door opened revealing a man in suit without the blazer. He placed three glasses of water on the table before sitting down across from me but next to the officer.

"Hello Ms Skyes. My name is Constable Harris and you have already met officer Andrews. "The man said. I just nodded my head.

"You must be wondering why you've been called down to the station this evening correct."

"Yes sir. It has crossed my mind yes." I replied.

"Mph." He replied writing something down on a notepad I hadn't noticed until now.

"Sorry sir. I didn't mean it like that. I'm just nervous." I replied, rubbing my hands up and down my thighs out of nervous habit.

"Would there be anything you should be nervous about Ms Skyes?" he asked raising his eyebrow.

"No sir. It's just I have never been questioned before so you may understand the nerves." I replied.

"I have looked into your records this afternoon so I know it's your first time." He said.

I just nodded, not knowing what to do.

"Well Ms Skyes I'm not going to waste anymore of your time or my self's time, so I'm going to cut to the chase if that's okay with you."

"That's fine with me sir."

"So basically we have been given a tip offer that there has been some illegal activity that involves yourself. "

Illegally activity?

I'm sorry what?

"What do you mean illegal activity sir?" I asked, utterly confused.

"Have you ever stolen a song from any other artist calming the song as your own?"

"No sir."

"Have you ever sang a cover of a song without giving the artist of that song recognition?"

"I don't believe I have sir, no."

"So you don't know for sure that you haven't given the song writer or artist overtime you have done a cover of any song?"

"No I don't think I haven't not given an artist or writer recognition for their song I have done a cover for." I replied, he just nodded.

"I'm sorry sir, but what has that got to do with illegal action that someone has said involves me?"

"Do you know that if an artist has declared that he or she has written a song and states that it is their song and have written it themselves? But in fact that the song is written by someone else could mean that the person stating it is their song when in reality isn't could me that they spend time in prison?"

"Yes sir, I know the rules, but again what does that have to do with me?" I asked.

"Ms Skyes you are a smart girl. I would think you would get what I'm saying without me spelling it out to you."

"I have an indication yes, but I would like you to tell me point black what I'm being accused of." I replied.

"The station has been given a tip off stating that you Rory skyes have taken a song from an artist and have declared it being your own when in fact it isn't"

"That is ridiculous. Who gave the tip off?"

"I'm afraid I can't discuss that with you at this stage due to confidentiality reasons."

"What do you mean at this stage?"

"We are still investigating the matter."

"So you don't have proff?"

"At this stage no."

"Then may I please leave."
"You may, but don't leave town." Officer Harris said before standing up.

"Sir, I have a concert tonight so there is no chance of me leaving town anytime soon."

"We will keep in touch."

"I don't doubt you will sir. "I replied before walking out of the room.

Now how the hell am I supposed to get back?

"Rory!!" I looked up to see Zayn and Louis running towards me.

"Hey you two. "I said, giving them both a hug once they reached me.

"Are you okay?" Louis asked.

"What did they want?" zany asked.

"Let's just get out of here. I'll explain everything in the car." I replied, they just nodded before we made our way outside.

Little did I know, someone was watching us three