CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Start from the beginning

"Just let him starve to death," P'Muk who was sitting on the couch scoffed.

He cleared his throat to get his attention.

"Oh my! I'm glad you're here, New!" P'Muk approached and hugged him.

"It's good that you're here. I've got to go. I still have some errands to attend to. Please keep an eye on him."

She then strutted outside of the room, her heels clicking on the floor.

Tay signalled the nurse to go out. He bit his lips as he approached his bed. He felt his chest tighten as he looked at Tay. His left wrist was in a cast while there was bandage on his head. His face was also filled with some scratches and his lips were somewhat pale.

"Uhmmm. H-how are you?" he asked while avoiding Tay's gaze.

"Are you still mad at me?" Tay asked while fidgeting his fingers.

He remained silent and just busied himself by looking at the interior of the room.

Tay then grabbed his hand and grasped it tightly.

"Hin, I'm sorry. I was being so selfish of you. I just got jealous that Earth can see you every day while I can't, so I did what I wasn't supposed to do. Sorry for being childish."

He cleared his throat and freed his hand from Tay's grasp.

He then grabbed the food tray on the bedside table and placed it on the overbed.

"Your mother said you haven't eaten anything. Come on, you need to eat," he helped Tay sit on the bed.

"So you're not angry at me anymore?"

"I won't be if you eat your food," he replied and gave Tay the spoon.

Instead of getting the spoon from him, Tay opened his mouth widely.

"Feed me," Tay grinned at him.

"Tsss. Such a baby."

"I'm a patient right now. Don't you pity me?" Tay pretended to sob.

"No. It's not like you lost a leg. Come on, just eat so you can take your medicine," he muttered and placed a spoonful into Tay's mouth.

_____

Tay beamed at New who was sitting beside his bed.

"What?" New hissed at him.

"I love you," he smiled even wider and pouted his lips then created a smacking sound.

"Tsss," New scoffed and flipped the magazine he was reading.

He shifted on his position and tapped the space beside him.

"Come here."

"Why?"

"Oh come on. Just lie down beside me. I want to sleep."

"Just go to sleep then."

"I can't."

"What's so hard about sleeping Tay? Just close your eyes and you're good to go."

He pouted his lips as he started sniffing.

"You're still mad at me," he sulked.

New then looked at him and sighed.

"Okay fine. What do you want me to do?" New put down the magazine and stood.

"Lie down beside me," he tapped the empty space beside him again.

"I'm not supposed to be on that bed, Tay."

"Oh come on. Just get on," he grabbed New's hand and dragged him to bed.