Chapter 14: A Little Help

The Symbol of Peace had made his dramatic entrance to save the students from the threat of these villains. All of the students at the entrance felt like their guardian angel had just arrived: Ashido and Uraraka had tears in their eyes, while the other students, Sato, Shoji, and Sero all had wide smiles on their faces.

"There was a nagging feeling that something was wrong when Aizawa and Thirteen didn't answer my calls, so I ran over to see what was going on. I came across young Iida, who informed me of the villains you were fending off." As the number one hero made his way to the end of the staircase, his jaw clenched up. Toshinori couldn't believe that all of this had happened while he'd been in the teachers lounge resting! To imagine what kind of fear all of these children were feeling, being forced to fight these villains by themselves, and to see his colleagues so grievously injured, it sickened him. At this point, the most he could do was reassure them all he would be alright, and that he would be there for them. That was his duty as the Symbol of Peace.

"Have no fear students," All Might assured, removing his tie and throwing his jacket to the ground, "Because I am here!"

From the battlefield, Shigaraki took note of the number one hero's arrival at last, after all this waiting and this delay with the bowl-haired brat. "So the heroic piece of trash shows up at the door at last."

As it so happened, some of the villains who had been taken out by Aizawa were beginning to come back to their senses and saw that the Symbol of Peace, their target, had come to conduct his justice. Some of the villains were stricken with fear, an expected reaction when coming face-to-face with the most powerful hero on the planet and knowing he's your enemy.

"It's really All Might!" one of the villains said, "He's even more huge than I imagined!"

"I've never actually seen him in the flesh before!"

One of the villains scoffed at the fear his comrades were displaying and attempted to get their focus on taking him down. "Stop talking, you idiots. If we all attack together, we can-"

Before the villain even had the chance to finish his sentence, the Symbol of Peace had already traversed the distance between them. It knocked every single one of the villains unconscious with single, calculated chops to the neck, forming slight gusts of wind from his speed. Then, he quickly sped over the esper, who was surprised at how fast the hero was able to defeat all of those villains, but unlike everyone else, Mob's eyes were able to keep up with All Might's speed.

Shigaraki stood startled by the number one hero's remarkable abilities, for his eyes had been on his form, yet not once did he catch a glimpse of his movements. Even so, it didn't sound off any alarm bells for him. "He's fast, way faster than I could keep track of. Even so, he's not as fast as I thought. Not as fast as he used to be. So it is true then." The villain felt a momentary giddiness, and his lips widened to form a sadistic smile. "All Might's getting weaker!"

"All Might! You made it!" The green-eyed teenager was relieved to see that the Symbol of Peace had come to their rescue and ran over to his side, also noticing his friend appearing fine.

"And Kageyama, you've managed to hold your own against that thing?" the student said, pointing at the bulky creature staring blankly at the three.

"Midoriya, why did you come back?" Shigeo felt the worrisome weight being put back on his shoulders when he saw his friend had returned.

"I wanted to come back and help you! But, I couldn't just let you fight that thing by yourself."

"Very noble move, Midoriya, but you must return to your classmates. You too, Kageyama."

"Hold on, All Might. I can finish the Nomu by myself." The teenage esper didn't find the need for the Symbol of Peace to join in the battle, believing such intervention was unnecessary. While the biologically engineered opponent was quite powerful, and its abilities were annoying, now that Mob understood how they worked and had seen them in action, he was confident that it wouldn't take much longer for him to finish the creature off, use his psychic powers to deal more significant damage to his body and use them in slightly more... violent ways.