Chapter 26: Change, Part II

"Stain changed, that's what happened," Shigeo said.

The five teenagers and the other pro hero felt their legs be pinned to the ground, the bafflement of Stain's sudden change still affecting them all, but they decided to star moving and slowly paced behind Hawks and Stain. As soon as they did though, Midoriya started limping. Shigeo noticed the cut on his leg from the Hero Killer.

"Here, let me help you there." The esper lifted his finger to float his friend into the air.

"Thanks," Midoriya said with a voice not much louder than a whisper. As they were walking, none of them were really sure what to say to one another, how any normal conversation could take place now. After several more seconds of silence, Midoriya decided to talk about something more random and trivial.

"I didn't know you and Hawks were coming too, Tokoyami," said Izuku, "Actually, it wouldn't really make sense for Kageyama to just come here all by himself."

"Yes, we were all coming here to Hosu City to try and help Iida," he replied, "When Kageyama heard about the Hero Killer and where he'd look for his next target, he immediately pieced together that you would go after him yourself, Iida. You should've seen how worried he was."

The spectacled teenager gave a glance toward his psychic friend and felt his heart squeeze. "And then when Hawks called Manual's office and heard of creatures attacking the city that sounded like Nomu, he burst ahead with tremendous speed."

"Hawks' agency must be more than a thousand kilometers away," Todoroki said, "How long did it take you to get here?"

"A little less than two minutes."

Another round of shock spread through the group, one of many they had all experienced that night. "You were able to get here in less than two minutes?" Native interjected.

"Yea, but you saw how it drained my energy and left myself open to attack," Shigeo replied with a sour tone in his voice.

After this short conversation, they all made it to the clearing of the alleyway.

"What're you doing here, boy?" Everyone turned their heads to find a short, elderly man approaching from another narrow alleyway. The green-haired student was just about to start explaining things, but with impressive speed, the man blitzed forward and kicked Midoriya in the face. "I thought I told you to stay on the bullet train!"

"You're Gran Torino, correct," Shigeo said, assuming this based on this man's old age and the fact that he kicked his friend in the face.

"Yep, this is him. I don't get it, how did you know where to find us?"

"I was told to come here by someone else." Gran Torino took a look at the man bound in ropes, as well as the other injured teenagers and the injured hero. "I'm not sure what's going on here, though I'm glad that you're not dead at least."

"Me too, and I'm sorry," the teenager replied with his head lowering in respect and shame.

The elderly hero scoffed to himself, thinking of how much this side of Midoriya reminded him of All Might, before directing his attention to the esper. He was surprised that this child knew about him, considering he wasn't a well-known hero and had very little publicity. But before he could ask this child how he knew the hero, several more heroes came sprinting down the street.

"Endeavor told us there was a request for help here, but..."

"Those injuries look bad." One of the heroes looked to the right and noticed the Hero Killer tied up, with the number three hero beside him. "Hawks? You're here in Hosu City, and you caught the Hero Killer."