Chapter 37: He's Gone

After almost two months, the next chapter's here! As I said, all you readers didn't have to worry about another year-long hiatus for this chapter, and hopefully, I'll have the following chapter posted in even less time. Nevertheless, I hope you all enjoy!

Shigeo did not have the strength to look back as he sent one final psychic push at all of his classmates. It was painful enough to leave all of them already, but looking at their horrified faces would've probably made him lose his composure.

On the other side of the portal, Kageyama entered a warehouse filled with several construction materials and large metal boxes. All of the villains that he'd seen during the attack were present, barring the villain that Izuku had already defeated.

"Kurogiri, where're the others?" asked Dabi.

From out of thin air, the same black portal appeared, taking on a humanoid form with an elegant suit and a metal brace which hung around his collarbone. So the warp villain really was a person and not some sort of spirit as Mob had once believed him to be. He took note of his hunched position and ragged breaths: it appeared as though he'd been injured.

"I'm afraid I couldn't find Muscular, Moonflish or Mustard. They must've defeated by some of the other students during the attack. While I was transporting Magne and Spinner, one of the heroes took me by surprise and injured me. It'll take me at least one day to recover from the injuries."

"I didn't expect our heavy hitters to be defeated..." muttered Dabi, "Well, if the police don't get there in-time, they could make their way back here. It's about twenty miles from the training camp, and we chose it precisely as a worst-case scenario if any of us got defeated and didn't make it to the rendezvous point on-time. If they can't make it, then it's too bad."

"I've already sent the Chainsaw Nomu back to the hideout, as I ran into it going to the rendezvous point before I rescued Magne and Spinner," added Kurogiri, "Though I wasn't able to locate the other Nomu that had been brought to the mission." Kurogiri decided not to mention the fact that Ragdoll had been knocked out and abducted by the League of Villains, for it was an additional part of the mission bestowed on him by All For One. He had found her along with the Chainsaw Nomu, who had returned to reclaim her once the signal had been received. If Kageyama were to learn about this, it would only make things more difficult for them.

"The other Nomu was taken out, courtesy of our new friend here." Dabi gave the esper a stern gaze, while Mob was doing his best to control his racing heart. "While you're here, don't get any funny ideas. Twice can still make some more copies of the Nomu, and looking at you now, I'd say they managed to bust you up pretty good. Got it?"

Shigeo nodded. "I don't intend to run away. I came for a reason, and I'll see it through." The pyrokinetic villain let out a soft chuckle of astonishment and amusement.

"Well, glad you're making this easier for us. But still, we can't just take your word for it." Dabi quickly took a pair of cuffs that were lying on the ground and placed them around the esper's arms. "Those're specially made handcuffs, even you'd have a tough time breaking out of them." Shigeo took little notice of this and continued to look at the other villains present.

"Since we'll be staying here the night, might as well unpack. Everyone, keep watch of Kageyama, especially you, Twice." With the mission having succeeded, the villains decided to move about in the warehouse, beginning to adjust themselves. But before any of them could get far, they were halted by Kageyama's voice being directed at Compress.

"When I gave myself up, I realized you could've tried to trick me and my friends by using those decoys and take Bakugo and Tokoyami, too. But... you didn't. You set them free just like I asked. So... thank you." It had been something that Mob had wanted to say before, but now that things had calmed down, he felt he needed to say this to the masked villain.