02

"Please shut the fuck up, I'm about to kick you in the balls."

I tightened my ponytail as I walked down the hall to meet Danielle. It was about time for the inmates to go out for the day. I kind of felt bad for them, I mean, they're locked up in a cell for about twenty two hours a day. Honestly, just because they've done something wrong doesn't mean they deserve to treated like absolute animals. I will agree some of them have committed horrible crimes, like rape or homicides. But not all of them. Some were in here for petty theft. But all I could so was shake my head.

"Hey Ariana. You ready to get the inmates out?" I just nodded and she gave me a weird look.

"What's up with you?" she asked, still holding the same facial expression.

"Nothing much, just need some sleep and I miss my family too," I sighed, twirling the ends of my hair whilst Danielle stared at me. Um okay then...

"Alright, well, we need to let them out so we need to go like now," she ordered and I let my hair go and moved to help her out.

She stood over the control panel and Brian, one of the older security guards sat in a swivel chair with his feet kicked up on another part of the panel, heavy snores escaping his small mouth. "Okay so, all you have to do is press this button," She pointed to a small button, (which really actually wasn't a button but a switch that opened all the cells in this unit ironically.). I nodded again and moved my hand up to flip the switch quickly. I just needed to get home and I wanted to go see my mom sometime tonight.

"Okay, let's go, we need to go look over the inmates. Make sure they don't try anything funny, like escaping." she laughed. And I really didn't find it all that funny because an inmate escaping isn't hilarious at all. That dude could be a rapist or some crazy shit like that. Like how the fuck is that funny?Danielle needed to get her mind checked, and soon.

We reached the outside fields and I saw Dylan with Sean. They were such fucking clowns to be honest, I liked their presence, way more than Danielle's for sure. I jogged over to them and greeted them. "Hey guys," I asked, trying to catch my breath. Shouldn't have jogged over here, I thought.

"Hey Ariana," Dylan replied, a small smile playing at the corner of his lips. "Hey Ariana," Sean said. I met Sean on my second day here. And damn, this guy, he was roasting people all day. And it was just comical honestly. He had me dying. He also claimed that he never aspired to be a prison guard but to be a rapper. He said that one day if we hung out outside of work then he'd show me a rap or two.

"So Sean, when are we going to hang, I have to hear some those raps y'know?" I nudged him in the ribs and he pretended to wince.

He laughed before saying something, "Whenever, I'm always free Ariana. And plus who wouldn't want to hear my raps. Someday, I'm going to be some famous mogul and everyone's going to admire me for my rapping and real life stories told through the music," he explained, all the while watching out for any fights that could be possibly outbreaking.

"That's deep, but if you get famous, just don't forget me dude. I'm your best friend whose a girl and I swear on the heels back in my closet at home if you forget who I am, I will end yo' career." I playfully threatened. Sean and Dylan laughed at my fake threats. We were the joke trio I guess. I mean, all we did was joke about people all day and shit. All the rest of the people here took there job so serious and it's not that we wanted to lose our jobs are anything of the sort but like, learn to lighten up. Life is too short and it's important to make every moment worth it.

Dylan opened his mouth to speak when bossy Danielle came over. "What are you guys doing over here joking around for? There are inmates out and if you don't keep a good eye on them, something could potentially happen," The boys and I rolled our eyes on unison and she just glared before turning on her heel and walking away.

PrisonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara