05

"Uh, I was looking for you."

I couldn't stop thinking about what had happened in the break room yesterday. Justin had really managed to take over my whole entire thought process. I was supposed to be helping Brian in the control room, apparently he needed to let the inmates out for some free time or something. I hadn't been paying much attention considering Justin was the only thing on my mind. As intriguing as he was, it was becoming slightly irritating that I couldn't complete the tasks I was asked to do, mostly because I could not focus with Justin invading my brain the way he was.

"Grande, you need to focus. Come on, we need to let these fools out." Brian scowled, his eyebrows (more like his only eyebrow since the two were practically threaded together or something of the sort) were furrowed, trying to figure out why my attention was elsewhere. I frowned at the fact that he had referred to the inmates as "fools", it was still degrading, despite the fact that they didn't know what he had even said.

Seriously, everybody makes mistakes.

Everybody has those days.

Everybody knows what, what I'm talkin' bout'.

Everybody gets that way.

I need Jesus, desperately. But for real, Hannah Montana, was legititmately life, obviously I wasn't that young when the show aired but still. I started to realize how upset I was when the announced the series finale. That was basically asking me to end my life, (but obviously I didn't since I'm here, working in hell.)

I flicked the stupid switch that I still didn't believe was completely fullproof but that's none of my business.

I left Brian to take a nap in his swivel chair as I wandered the halls. I figured he wouldn't mind being alone, partially because he always is and he never asks for anyone's company, unless he wants something, (that something generally being a sandwich from your lunch.)

From my position, I could see all the inmates scattering from their cells and into the yard for their daily time out. I also was able to spot Dylan along with Danielle, they were standing off to the side, by the electric wire fence. It was unfortunate that Sean, basically my best friend, wasn't able to be here. But of course, that was for a reason that I wouldn't necessarily categorize as good.

I planned on calling him sometime during my break, just to make sure he was doing okay. I knew how hard it was for me when I lost my grandpa and I didn't want to go through it alone, so I had been thankful for my family being there for me every step of the way. I hoped that Sean's family were the same for him because if he was extremely close to his grandma, then I'd know how hard it'd be to get through her passing.

Finally, I found myself standing not too far from Danielle and Dylan. Today, Danielle's hair was tied into ponytail, which was quite the surprise since she always wore it in bun, no matter what. Dylan looked a bit stressed out and I began to think it had something to do with his sister, but I didn't want to jump to conclusions too much.

I overheard them talking about me. I stopped, turning my back to their bodies, and trying to blend in with the inmates. For once, it was that rowdy in the yard so I could actually hear what they were saying without straining my ears.

"Yeah, but have you noticed she spends a lot of time with Bieber? Like yesterday when we did the cell search, she was "assigned" to his cell. It was so weird." Dylan explained. My eyebrows furrowed, my arms crossing over my chest at his suspicions. I continued to listen.

"I don't know Dyl, just keep trying to get information from her. I know you want to be "friends" with her and shit but that will not work. Ever since she's got here, all the guards have been out of control and I can't keep anything in order hardly. She's fucking ruining everything." she ranted.