13

"Yes, you're going to tell me right?"

ARIANA

I huffed, running a hand through my long hair. This was so much to think about. I couldn't stop thinking about yesterday because of Sean and his suspiciousness and Justin because I knew I had hurt his feelings.

I wasn't sure if Justin wanted a relationship or not but I knew that I wasn't looking for one at the moment. Especially not when he was still locked away. I wanted to be with him and actually like be with him, not having to worry about hiding from the other security guards and the chief.

I took a gulp of water, placing the bottle back on the table and pressing my fist to my cheek. I was becoming irritated from all the thinking I had done in the past twenty-four hours. I had barely even gotten sleep last night.

My thoughts wondered to Sean. I was having a hard time grasping the fact that he legitimately liked me. I didn't want him to because I loved our friendship, he was like a big brother or best friend to me. I wasn't willing to lose that, not that I had feelings for him too.

And then fucking Danielle, I had no idea whether or not she was telling the truth. The only way I could know was if I asked Justin and then he would start acting weird too. I knew one thing though, if he wanted to tell me, he would and I wasn't going to push him like I did last time. That only resulted in us not speaking for two months straight.

I pulled my phone off the table, sliding my fingers across the screen and putting in the code. It was literally the simplest thing ever but no one could ever guess it. My birthday, but just the month of June, the date- which was the twenty-sixth, and the last digit of my year of birth, three.

Shit was so easy, yet nobody tried and figured it out. I smiled at my home screen which was a picture of me and Frankie grinning widely. I missed him so much and Nonna too. It had been two months since I last seen them. It wasn't like my mom had forbidden them from seeing me but we just never really had the time. I was constantly working, like literally everyday.

I was starting to feel a pit of guilt build up inside me though. After two months, it finally shone through. I realized that I had went too far when I was arguing with my mom. Yeah she could be a bitch but I loved her still and calling her all those names and cussing her out was way too far. I regretted that.

I decided that I was going to call her, and try and explain things to her, hoping she would understand. I clicked the phone icon on my phone, dialing the number that I had memorized many years ago. Nonna was right, my mom did that whole tough love with me and yeah it hurt at times but I learned to deal with it. And I think in a way, it taught me to be a stronger woman.

I held the phone to my ear as it rang multiple times until she picked up. I pressed the speaker phone icon and set my phone on the table top. "Hello?" my mom said in her business tone.