Chapter 47

Jin Ling became hostile after their little squabble and only stepped into Jingyi's room to give him food or medicine.

*Loud clinking noise*

Rulan turned sharply and sighed seeing the other was alright." Isn't it against your clan rules to waste food?", he frowned.  Jingyi snickered, "First you steal me away without reason. Then you take care of me and say I can leave when I'm better. And now...now you act as if I've done something wrong!". He folded his hands.

"Taking you was a mistake...", Jin Ling exclaimed.

"Fine!...", Lan Jingyi shuffled his way out of bed and paced the room, mumbling to himself. In no time he reached for the new robes Rulan had made for him and roughly draped it over his inner-wear.  

"Where do you think you're going?", Jin Ling scurried after him as he stormed out of his room. "What's it to you, I'm just a blunder in your not so great evil plan!", The former tied his belt and straightened his headband. 

"Lan Jingyi!...Get back inside!"

"Go to hell Rulan, you said I was free to go. Also, the next time you kidnap someone and call it a mistake, make sure you don't get them poisoned by dead people. I'm getting out of here."

"Lan Jingyi."

"Hmph! Treating your guests like crap, wait till your Uncles hear of this. Then you'll lose both limbs for sure.", Jingyi kept ranting without listening.

"Ok, ok, stop. I'm sorry!"

"Huh?", Jingyi raised a brow at him, scrutinizing his intentions. "You want fresh air, right? The night is still young. I know someplace we could go.", Master Jin Picked up a lantern and drew near. The former sought for words to provoke him but the moment he lifted the lamp, Jingyi went silent; the face of the man beside him made his breath stutter. It was not only because of the soft yellow of the flame and his royal robes illuminating his maturing face. It was everything else.

They journeyed to town on foot. "It's a forgotten place in my sect...", Jin Ling said. 

"Looks lively.", Jingyi walked freely, taking note of every nook and cranny. It was like any other town; with industrious shops, eateries, Inns, and so on, only smaller. The first thing Jin Rulan did was get dinner; making sure his company was full before continuing the tour.

"Oh, it's a puppet show!!", Jingyi tugged at Jin Rulan's robe absent-minded. Master Jin turned to him, observing the light in his eyes.

"You like puppet shows?", He asked, asserting his foot toward a wooden structure showcasing moving paper dolls.

"Yes, very much... Sizhui usually takes me to a show when we're less busy.", Jingyi added.

Jin Ling blinked twice and changed direction. He knew his love for Jingyi was a one-way track but he despised being reminded of that. "Let's do something else. Watch a show with your friend when you return home.", His tone was not friendly. 

"Sizhui and I are more than friends...We are partners now.", Jingyi stuck his nose up. Rulan bit on his tongue as he was stabbed a billion times by those words in his mind. "Anyway, I don't care if you hate puppet shows. I still want to watch.", Jingyi left him no choice.

The show was quite humorous; Jingyi laughed several times, Jin Ling refused to be amused. The more he sat there stealing glances at his crush, the more he remembered that night he saw his rival kiss him.

"Jin Ling, I want to try that!", Jingyi runs to a different stand with fewer people. 

"Try your luck Young Masters, and win amazing prizes...All you have to do is shoot the darts at the small board. The closer your mark the better the reward. You have only three tries; all for a small fee. ", A middle-aged man with a sharp tongue reeled Jingyi in, in no time.