Chapter 27

Sect Leader Lan raged like a mad man when he woke up and realized what Jiang Cheng had done. Left with just two hours for the wedding to start, Lan QiRen assigned some disciples to help him get ready but he sent them all away. It was a special day so old Lan put off scolding him for getting home unconscious.

Xichen refused to get dressed at first but that changed after Li Qiang came to his quarters. "Li Qiang, where is Wanyin? Is he with the guests... Bring him here!!!", he ranted, grabbing onto the disciple's robes.

"He's not here...But he wanted you to have this", Li Qiang said solemnly. ZewuJun recognized the small box right away. This was the very one Wanyin stopped him from opening earlier. He quickly opened it and sighed at what he saw- a beautiful headpiece with intricate designs and it came with a note tucked on the side. Xichen's hand trembled as he unfolded the paper and read the contents, his eyes brimmed with tears as he looked up at the messenger with fire.

**************************************************************************************************

Lan Wangji was not expecting to see a fully dressed groom when he entered his brother's room. "Help me put this on.", Xichen handed him the golden headpiece, different from what his uncle chose for him. Without complain Wangji set it around the neat bun, noting how downcast his brother looked.

"You don't have to do this."

"Wangji... I'm ready to meet my bride.", the groom stood up. "Mn" was the simple reply his brother could give.

Everyone marvelled as the groom entered the hall in his splendour. Not only did he look more refined but walked like a god on earth. The Gusu Lan disciples however, noticed that the spark in his eyes were gone and there was no smile; they saw more of Hanguanjun with his perfectly blank face than the bright ZewuJun they knew.

Soon the ceremony commenced and the bride was ushered in. After a few salutations and rites, it was time to perform the three bows. The first, to the heavens. The second to their family and finally the third to each other. The wedding was a huge success and would be talked about for many years to come. However, everyone except the groom and his brother were truly happy with the union.

******************************************************************************************************

Three weeks later...

A now married ZewuJun barged into the lotus pier and attacked Sect Leader Jiang upon sight. The disciples charged and were ready to defend their Master but Jiang Cheng forbade them from meddling. When it came to skill, Xichen was a force to recon with and Jiang Cheng was no match for him. So he did his best to avoid the sword, hoping to wear the other out. When he saw an opening he let out purple lightening and defended himself properly but that was not enough to stop the blow that flew him across the courtyard. "ARE YOU CRAZY!", Jiang Cheng yelled. He would have been impaled in the chest if not for his sword's precision in blocking.

The battle continued for almost an hour yet Xichen would not back down even when the other spewed out blood and could barely stand to his feet. Jiang Cheng crept on the floor trying to get inside. The pain he felt was like no other but he felt he deserved it. "Bas...Bastard!", he stammered with pride even as an angry ZewuJun grabbed and held him up.

"What do you want?", Jiang Cheng panted heavily as he was dragged to his study and thrown on the floor. Making sure they'd not be disturbed, ZewuJun set up a barrier before turning to the second man that hurt him most.

"I want to hear you say it...What you wrote."

"..."

"Say it to my face Wanyin, I want to hear it!!.", Xichen roared with a murderous intent that made Jiang Cheng flinch. He could not speak those words because he did not believe them himself. He could not say that he was not sorry for what he did- that he did not feel anything for him and was only with him out of pity.