Chapter 76

"Sandu Shengshau, you have a message from Gusu Lan."

'Xichen?... Did something happen?", Jiang Cheng pulls out the note and skims through the carefully written letters.

It was nothing alarming, just an invitation card, desiring the Sect Leader's presence.

"Is there any pressing matter at hand?", Jiang Cheng put it aside and resumed cleaning his sword.

"None that I know of. Will you be going away?", Li Qiang asked.

"Yes."

"...", Li Qiang watched him swipe down the blade. His Master looked burdened with thoughts.

Jiang Cheng could almost figure out what his subordinate was thinking.

"I know you worry about my friendship with Sect Leader Lan. It's clear what your stand is- about us.", Jiang Cheng raised his eyes. It was void of its usual fierceness.

" I do not wish to make you feel judged or depressed... I may also be mistaken about it. It's alright to crave happiness.", Li Qiang had mercy on the man's conflicted soul.

"Okay...", Jiang Cheng exhaled.

"I will make the preparations then.", Li Qiang bowed, intending to leave.

"Li Qiang..."

The senior disciple halted and retraced his steps.
"Protect my children... when I'm gone. That's what I need you to do.", Jiang Cheng put his sword back in its cover and placed it aside...

" Yes, my lord.", Li Qiang responded. A small grin touching one side of his lips. Another bow came, then he veered around and continued to walk.

************************************************************************
At the break of dawn, Lan Sizhui was up and ready to meet his lover. Jingyi had suited up by the time he reached his room, save for the belt he needed to fasten.

"Oh Sizhui, you're here.", He stuck the belt in his mouth while pulling the end of his robe.

"I'll help you.", Sizhui took the fabric out of Jingyi's lips and carefully encircled it on his waist. "Is it too tight?", he asked with a smile.

"No, it's perfect.", Jingyi rewards him with a peck on the cheek. Sizhui felt the place with his palm as the former dashed off to take any other thing he deemed necessary.

"I'm done, we can go.", Jingyi returned sooner.

"Mn...We have to greet Zewujun before leaving.", Sizhui reminded him once they were outside.

"Ok, do I look alright. I think my face is still marked by the bedsheet.", Jingyi wrapped the scabbard around his waist.

"It's gone...You look handsome Jingyi.", Sizhui sneaks his hand into the other's as they wander down the brick road.

They were on their way to visit people Jingyi had not seen for quite a while- Family.

************************************************************************
WangXian Household...

Wei Ying snickered thirty minutes after his grandmother left- just to be in the clear. His husband sighed in relief, with the look of one who had passed through flames.

The Senior would surely return unannounced- again, but till then he could calm down in his own home while taking care of the long list she left behind.

"Lan Zhan is it just me or is my grandmother forcing us to build a small town. An infirmary, more walls?... And she even selected plots for farming and the crops to grow on each portion?", Wei Ying shimmied the babies as he hovered above Wangji, spying on the plans.