Chapter 23 - A Date

When Ash woke up he looked at his clock and it was 11 am.

"Pikachu! We've got school." Ash stopped himself as he realised that today they didn't have school. He walked downstairs to eat breakfast.

After eating breakfast, he went upstairs and he saw Serena packing her bags.

"Uh, Sere... What are you doing?" I asked and Serena turned to him.

"You forget. My mom, coming back from the business trip," Serena said. "So, I have to go."

"It's been a week already," Ash said.

Serena nodded as she finished the packing.

"I have to go now," Serena said as she stood up. "Bye, see you tonight."

"Sure."

Serena took the bag and walked outside of the room. 

She went downstairs and met with Delia.

"Thank you Delia for letting me stay here for a week," Serena said

"The pleasure is all mine." Delia gave her a warm smile.

After saying goodbye to Delia, Dawn and Gary, Serena walked to her house.
___________________________________________

Serena POV 

After entering my house, I looked at the clock. Mom will be arriving at any second now.

I heard the bell ring. I hurriedly opened the door and saw my mom standing there.

"Mom!" I instantly hugged my mom.

We broke the hug and Mom asked, "Honey, how are you?" 

"I am fine," I replied.

Mom stepped inside the house and Eevee ran towards her.

"Eevee!"

"Eevee, how are you?" Grace asked as she petted Eevee's head.

"Eevee!"

"Mom, I have to tell you something," Serena said and her mom turned to her.

"What?"

"Well... How can I say that..." Serena started as she felt nervous "Uh... Ash asked me on a date and I said yes."

"That's great news!" Grace exclaimed.
"When is it?"

"T-Tonight."

"Congratulations! I am happy for you, Serena." Grace said and a smile appeared on Serena's face.

"Thanks, Mom."

"Why don't I make your favourite food for today's lunch?"

"That would be great."

__________________________________________

Time skip

Serena looked at the clock and it was 6.59 pm. Ash will be arriving soon.

I can't believe we are going on our first date. I wonder what Ash has planned?

Serena was deep in thought thinking about what Ash had planned she didn't realize that...

"Serena! Ash is here!" Her mom shouted from downstairs.

This interrupts Serena's thought and she looks at the clock, the time is 7.05 pm.

"What?" Serena said to herself.

"I will be there in a second," I shouted back.

-------