Chapter 13 - Charizard Mega Evolve!

"Now," Ash looked at Charizard with a smile. "Are you ready to mega evolve, Charizard?"

"Chaar!!"Charizard thumbs up, looking at Ash.

"CHARIZARD, LET'S SHOW THE POWER OF OUR BOND!"

Charizard nodded in agreement with its trainer, Charizard looked at his opponent. Ash touches the Key Stone on his Mega Ring which activates the Charizardite that his Charizard now holds in his neck.

The beams of light come out of both Ash's Mega Ring and Charizard's Mega Stone. The lights meet with each other in between the trainer and his Pokemon.

"Charizard! Mega Evolve!" Ash said as the bright light consumes Charizard. When the light faded away, the transformation was completed.

Charizard's body and legs are more physically fit, though its arms remain thin. Its skin turns black with a sky-blue underside and soles. Two spikes with blue tips curve upward from the front and back of each shoulder, while the tips of its horns sharpen, turn blue, and curve slightly upward. Its brow and claws are larger, and its eyes are now red. It has two small, fin-like spikes under each horn and two more down its lower neck. The finger disappears from the wing membrane, and the lower edges are divided into large, rounded points. The third joint of each wing-arm is adorned with a claw-like spike. Mega Charizard X breathes blue flames out the sides of its mouth, and the flame on its tail now burns blue. It is said that its new power turns it black and creates more intense flames.

After the transformation, Charizard roared loudly.

"It's Charizard X. Just like Professor Sycamore explained it to me." Ash thought as he remembered that Professor Sycamore showed him the photo of Charizard's two mega evolutions.

"When Charizard mega evolves into a Charizard X its type changes to fire and Dragon," Ash smirked.

Gary looked at Charizard in awe, "Wow, its colour changed, and it looks so cool." Gary spoke up. "Let's see its strength, shall we?"

"Blastoise!" Blastoise nodded.

________________ ****** ___________________

"Charizard, let's go!" Ash shouted and Charizard roared in agreement.
"Charizard, Dragon Claw!"

Mega Charizard X flies toward its opponent with its enhanced speed.

Gary was surprised by the speed of the Charizard. "Blastoise! Use Hydro Pump!"
Gary ordered.

The claws on both of Charizard's hands become surrounded by light green, claw-shaped auras. It then flew toward Blastoise while dodging Blastoise's Hydro Pump.

Charizard managed to hit Blastoise with a powerful Dragon Claw. Blastoise, however, is able to withstand the attack and fire the powerful jets of water at Charizard who was directly in the line of those cannons. The blasts of water hit and pushed Charizard back with the force of a huge wave.