~Prologue~

: Armadillo :

Lay your he-e-e-e-ad on my pillow

Lay it down, oh lay it down

Lay your he-e-e-e-ad on my pillow

~*~

The curtain comes up on a familiar scene: A young couple, who were once very happy, are arguing and screaming. They are fighting and throwing things, all of this with there young child in the next room.

"Lay your head! Armadillo. O-oh!" YN sang along with the radio. At the age of six, she wasn't very experienced with lyrics, and didn't know that they were supposed to mean anything. She just like the way they sounded.

"Hahaha," Chuckee, the neighbor from across the street chuckled. "It's not Armadillo, doofus. It's On My Pillow."

You know how it is. There's that one parent that no matter how old you are, you're never old enough to watch yourself.

That's how Chuckee's parents were, and despite the fact that he was eleven, he still had to have a sitter. So, he spent the afternoons after school at the YLNs' house.

As of now, he is flipping through the channels, which had briefly been stopped on music videos.

"Why would they be talking about pillows in a song?" YN innocently asked.

"Because they wanna have s*x," Chuckee mumbled, changing the channel.

YN shrugged, and turned back to her toys to continue playing.

All of a sudden, there was a loud Bang! Chuckee looked up at YN from the television, and knew exactly what was up.

YN, on the other hand, seemed clueless. But, she wasn't.

"Come on, YN." Chuckee said, grabbing her hand. "Let's go play in your bedroom."

"Okay," she sighed, grabbing a few toys and following him up the stairs.

**

Quietly closing the door behind him, Chuckee exhaled deeply before sitting on YN's bed. When he looked at her, she was looking him right in the eye.

"What?"

"Are mommy and daddy ever gonna stop fighting?" YN asked. He is taken aback, not prepared for the question.

Regaining his composure, he shook his locks. "They don't fight, they just disagree sometimes."

"They disagree with very bad words," She mumbled.

Chuckee laughed. "Like what?"

YN's eyes widened largely, and she shook her head furiously.

YN whispered, "No, no, no... I can't say them. God'll hear me."

Chuckee smiled, and rolled his eyes. "That's right. No bad words ever, understand me?"

"You're not the boss of me, doofus." She pouted, imitating him. He gasped dramatically.

Then, she immediately regretted it. "I'm so sorry, Chuckee. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

He laughed again. "You're good. I just never heard you say anything that bad before."

He folded his legs, getting all of the way onto the bed. "You really don't like being bad, do you?"

YN shook her head.

"Well, when I was your age, I got into all kinds of trouble." Chuckee started to go on. "Pranks, water guns, you name it..."

YN shook her head again. "But, I'm not like you."

Chuckee nodded. "You've got that right."

**

"What do you mean, She's under arrest?!" Chuckee yelled at the officer, who was slapping cuffs on YMN's wrists.

Her arms were placed behind her back, and she was escorted out of the door as cops walked in the opposite direction.

"She under the arrest for second-degree murder." the cop said, slamming the car door shut on YMN.

"It was self-defense! He-" Chuckee protested.

"Don't you have somewhere to be? I'm sure it's almost your bedtime." Another cop laughed, stepping into the passenger side door as the first cop got behind the wheel.

They started to back out of the driveway. "My bedtime's not until ten-thirty. So there." Chuckee mumbled.

He looked back up at YN's bedroom window, to make sure the light was still off. To his surprise, he instead found two pairs of brown eyes staring back at him, as tears cascaded down the nearby cheeks.

YN YLN

The day my mom murdered my dad was one I'll never forget. My childhood homie, Chuckee was there and always has been. But, that doesn't change what happened.

My dad was an abusive, cheating, a**hole who only wanted my mom for her body. She finally got tired of him hitting her that night and retaliated by hitting him upside the head with the first thing she saw.

It just so happened to be a heavy, cast-iron skillet.

The pan fractured his skull upon impact, and he died instantly. Since it was self-defense and and accident, my mom was tried for manslaughter. She pleaded guilty, and received 15-25 years.

That was ten years ago.

Now, I'm living with Chuckee and his uncle, Mike. He has one of those fun personalities that kids love. He's also a lot younger than Chuckee's parents, at 26.

Chuckee's parents got tired of his pranks and mischief, and sent us to live with his uncle and his crew. They call themselves Yöung Mönęy, and they do entertainment and showbiz stuff.

It seems like so much has opened up for me since my mom got locked up, and all Ik is we're just getting started.
__________________

Hey, guys! New story.

What do you think? Something new.

It'll turn into a live story, but Idk if I should have it be with MB or someone else like Diggy or Jacob Latimore.

Because all of my stories so far have been MB. What do you think about that?!

Let me know, 'kay?

-Jojo the Creator