009

YN

"Did Kahmi say if he was going to the mall with us or not yet?" Keke asked me, looking at her phone.

"Nahh, he left my ass on read." I answered. "IDGAF, he could be mad. Old salty ass."

Both her and Shyair laughed.

"What?" I asked, not seeing what was funny.

"You the one who sounds salty," Shyair laughed, hitting the ball with her bat.

We were at softball practice, and we were doing soft toss. One person lightly tosses the ball to the batter, who hits it, and the third person fields and gets the ball.

I caught the ball, and threw it back to Keke, who tossed it for Shy again. "I don't understand."

"That's bae, ain't it?" Shyair said, giving me her helmet.

I put it on, and strapped it. "Hell, nahh."

She grabbed the front of the helmet, which was in front of my mouth, and yanked it.

"Ahh! Damn, girl" I said, as my body jerked forward.

"Say that's yo' baby daddy," she teased. "And, I'll let you go."

Keke just laughed on the side, and I flicked her off.

Shyair yanked the helmet again. "Say it."

"But, he's not, tho." I smirked.

"You wish he was," Keke said.

"Bitch, we all know that you like him more than me." I said. "He just likes me more than you."

Keke scooped the ball up, and tossed it back to Shyair. She stayed silent throughout my whole turn.

"That was fucked up, YN." Shyair said.

"Just thought she should know." I shrugged.

"Still," she said, as I hit it over Keke's head. As she ran for the ball, I sighed.

"Yea, you're right." I nodded.

**

"Ayyo, Keke." I ran up to her. "My bad about what I said earlier. That was unnecessary."

"You good," she smiled. "Don't nobody like that peanut headed ass nigga anyways."

I laughed, and we packed up the rest of our stuff because it was the end of practice.

Keke

I sorta kinda lied. Of course, I like Kahmi. He's one of the only cute guys at our school. And we both love basketball. We have so much more in common than him and YN, whose favorite sport is football. I just said what I said so that she wouldn't know that I'm creeping up... to take her nigga.

Kahmi

The day after YN texted me about the mall, I was supposed to go to Destiny's house for "Netflix and Chill." (If you know what I mean ;) ) But, she last-minute canceled on me. So, I'm stuck going to this softball game with the squad. Apparently our school's team is playing our rivals, Edison Tech High School.

As we walked to the bleachers, we saw that our team was on the field. We sat on the side reserved for our team, and just chilled there for a minute. Then, we saw some of the other niggas from our school coming, and they sat with us. We slapped them up, then watched the game.

"Who's that pitching?" Terron asked.

"Keke," I answered. "Sophmore."

He nodded, and one of the other guys pointed out "Yaass, Shyair. Look at that throw, girl got an arm!"