Chapter 21 - His Absense & her pain

Bethany Spark

I never thought my life would take a nasty turn like this where my heart will shatter into pieces and feel like there is nothing that could make me feel better. Sometimes the truth is bitter than it should be and we don't know what should we do about it there are a struggle, a fight and a fear of losing everything.

I still can't believe the fact that Ethan is a Vampire, that he lies to me, that he betrayed my trust and violated my feelings.

I stare into his eyes still struggling to believe that he was saving me from himself that's why he compelled me every single time when I thought I am getting crazy. Before I could understand, Ethan closes the distance between our bodies and I gasped when his hands grasped my shoulders.

"It was your fault that you keep testing my patience when I always tried to push you away. You were supposed to stay away from me. You weren't supposed to get close to me but damn you were so stubborn keep pushing my buttons and always bug me," He shouts with pain in his eyes which clenched my heart.

I just watch him stunned and a little scared when my mind is alerting me to stay away from him cause he can hurt me and I have no power over him but my heart is urging me to not push him away.

I listened to my mind and step back jerking my hand off him.

With a glare, I asserted loudly "Stay away from me, Ethan. Don't come please".

Hurt was evident in his brown eyes but then he nods stepping back as if realised I am frightened of him.

" I will not hurt you, Bethany. I promise you," He assured me in a soft tone.

Unsure, I moved away not wanting to believe him or just don't want to because I am hurt and my heart is aching from his lies and betrayal.

"Just leave me, alone" I shook my head not even looking at him.

I was scared if I look into those brown eyes, my heart will melt and I'll again believe him.

"If that what can make you feel better, Bethany I'll never cross your path again. I'll never show you my face, trust me" He said earnestly.

Finally, I bring myself to look at him and notice his twitching with emotions like he is deeply hurt and messed up which tormented me.

I blinked my eyes when he just vanished right in front of my eyes and I watch him like a fool. Quickly my eyes dart around searching for him but there is no trace of him.

"ETHAN!"

I shouted in agony and sink to my knees feeling my world spinning around as I just close my eyes and faded into the darkness.

...Several hours later...

"Arghh, my head" I groaned clutching my head as I sit straight looking around frantically thinking where am I?.

I blink my eyes several times before they adjust to the light and I found myself tucked in my bed securely as if nothing happened as if the storm came last night jiggling with my life never came. It was just a fallacy like a nightmare which has passed and I can breath normally forgetting it all but that's not the case here with me when I remember all of it.

"It was real, Beth. Ethan is a vampire same as Elizabeth " I mumbled as my lips turn dry and cold even thinking about it.

"Beth?" A hand jerk my hand causing me to gasp.

Bewildered and scared, I stare at Angie who is looking at me concerned. She genuinely looks worried which reminds me she has no clue about my state and the recent events that have occurred with me.