Chapter 41 - The Werewolves & An Omen

||Casper||

"Mom, I'll be fine," I assured my mother who is softly crying beside me.

She sniffed, wrapping one arm around my broad shoulder and leaning against it

"I know, Casper but it'll be hard for me to live without you" She cries like a baby that melts my heart.

"Margery, he's strong. He's not a trainee in the camp, he's senior there and going to guide others alphas. You have to relax, okay," My father softly chuckle from the driver's seat.

"I know that Rodger" She glared at him before turning at me.

"God Bless you, my son" She pecked my forehead, before letting go of me.

Quietly, I went out and grabbed my suitcases from the trunk while thinking about her.

"Honey, listen"

I halted in the middle as my mother's voice reached my ears, looking back at her with a frown in my eyes.

"Mom, I said I'll be fine" I shrugged, pretending everything will be alright but beneath I knew, nothing is going to be the same.

"Casper, you haven't forgotten about her?" Her concerned eyes met mine as I ignored them.

Sliding my backpack over my shoulders, stuffing my suitcases in my hands I approached the campsite with long strides.

Their voices faded as soon as I reached completely inside the campus and went directly inside my tent where everything is already set up but my heart was on fire, it wanted destruction as I have been feeling vacant since I lost her, my mate who was supposed to be mine, by my side but isn't because of my stupid mistake where I challenged to prove her love as it shouldn't have been asked for, in our mate bond it wasn't needed at all, this shit wasn't needed but I did, I doubted her and now where this took me, it cost me her.

I lost her...forever...

I collapsed to the ground, knowing she is gone and I was the reason behind it. She never returned since that day, it's been six months now. Everyone has admitted that she has died, that there is no way she could survive that forbidden forest where anything is possible, where they exist...the witches.

My eyes filled with tears as I recalled how hurtful it was to acknowledge that she went there just to prove her love to me, she took my stupid challenge this seriously that she never returned and lend me lifetime agony.

This rift in my heart is only heightening day by day, knowing she isn't going to return as I am only giving myself false hopes.

"Casper" A soft voice startled me and I just raised my head to find Blake there.

A frown was discernible on his face as he stares at me and then shook his head knowing he disturbed me at the wrong time.

"There's something wrong with Dennis," He heaved a defeated sigh as my ears perked up, sensing something isn't right.