Chapter 29 - Spiked & Tricked

| | Ethan Dark | |

Sometimes plans backfired and most specifically things exactly doesn't go according to your preference, so the only solution is to accept what you get and go with the flow.

I never thought Bethany would follow Angeline here and will lose herself into that prohibited place where she shouldn't be. I was upset at her, mad at myself for not being careful enough now she has tangled more herself into this mess, the more struggle I have to do to free her.

" You shouldn't be here "

My eyes turn glimmering red as they were piercing her harshly. Fangs descended my bottom lips trying to control my anger. If I had been late a minute, she would have gotten herself into the trouble for sure.

My eyes scan the surroundings and especially the casket that is untouched for the God sake, I am so glad that she didn't touch her or she would have known the truth and get herself killed. I was scared of losing her for the very first time in my life in these centuries, I cared for a woman other than Roseline. I can't lose Bethany.

"Do you have trash-filled in your mind?" I hissed at her dumbness.

I was furious and agitated at her but there was also fear of someone who can change everything.

"Ethan..." She whimpered slightly as I knelt beside her, gazing intently into her beautiful eyes and lifts her in my arms effortlessly.

She weighs nothing and I like carrying her wrapped in my arms ignoring her attentive gaze at me the entire time. She was looking at me with those puppy eyes of hers.

In a flash, I reached my room and lied her on the bed gently. Her eyes scanned the royalty of my room, the scent of fresh roses and sweet aroma in the air engulfing us. It was crowned prince's room, my room.

I wasted no time and slightly touched her sprained foot.

"Oww!" She groaned in pain but I ignored her pleas and slowly droop my face down to her foot.

Slightly brushing my lips over her foot, felt her jerked at the mere touch of my mouth but, she has no idea that her pain perishes.

"You should have paid attention to your leg when you were trying so hard to eavesdrop on us, Bethany" I stated coldly watching her eyes go wide in shock.

She gulped the lump of her throat and peered into my eyes as if seeking something.

"I am a Vampire, Bethany. A mortal like you can't be ignored by me," I told her the truth and she just stayed like that saying nothing.

She didn't even argue as if this all is just too much for her to digest and she wants nothing more.

"About Angie, she and I know each other well" I sighed giving her the answer to one of her questions so she doesn't assume anything.

" But how and when?. She never mentioned you to me" Her curiosity got her worst and I can't help but curse myself for even answering her.

"I met her before you did, Bethany. You only know her from high school but I know her since she was eleven, her curiosity in supernatural brought her to me. She wasn't scared of me, she wanted to know about our world so I had no problem in having an ally among humans" I fabricated a half-truth so she won't get in trouble because of me.