Chapter 20 - The Truth

Bethany Spark

I never expected Elizabeth Dark would come here especially to meet me. She doesn't seem nice and being related to Ethan makes her more erratic. She radiates inimical energy which doesn't seem good for me.

I stare at her stunned not moving an inch as her predatory eyes keep ogling me. She isn't here just to have girly talks, is she?.

"I don't believe her"

My subconsciousness knocked me as I inhale sharply under her presence.

"Bethany, Aren't you going to invite me in?" She insisted and I nod giving her room to enter nudging Angie aside who seems pissed at our new guest.

"Come inside, Elizabeth," I said keeping my poker face and she strides inside raising her head high.

She seems so deft as if a princess so poised and imperial. I could able to discern these aspects just by looking at her. She doesn't seem like an ordinary person.

"Now tell me, why are you here?" I asked tapping my foot catching her attention.

Her lips curved into a smile as she answered," I just find you fascinating, that's all beautiful. After all, my brother has taken quite an interest in you, so it makes you accessory special isn't it?".

Angie shares a weird look with me and I just squeeze her hand so she doesn't argue with Elizabeth. I don't want any fight here and especially when Eliza is just here to talk with me. It doesn't matter if I know her or not.

"Can we sit and talk, Bethany?" She gestures towards the couch and I nod not sure about her intentions.

We both sit on the couch as Angie chose to sit on the bed while glaring at Elizabeth. Suddenly my skin crawls up when I feel a powerful gaze ogling me and then I freeze locking eyes with Elizabeth who is eyeing me or I should say piercing me with her violent gaze which is making me uneasy all of sudden causing me to shift in my place.

"What is your mother's name?"

Her question confused me.

Why is she asking me this?. Isn't it weird?.

"Liona Spark" I replied calmly.

"Liona, oh great. I knew that was a fair possibility" She plays with her fingers.

"You knew?. Do you know my mother?" I frown at her as she only sighed in return.

"You can say that I know your mother but you're too gullible to be involved" She snickered making me confused more than before.

"Is she mad or something?" I quirk an eyebrow watching her dazed.

"One advice dear Bethany, stay away from my brother as far as you can. Believe me, you'll remain safe and happier," She says leaving the couch and left without another word.

"Is she psycho or something?" Angie yells out frustrated as soon as she left.

"Indeed," I blurted still looking at the door.

I am confused not able to discern the meaning behind her words. Does she know my mom?. If she does then why I haven't heard from her about Elizabeth?. This is too confusing only my mom can clear this out.

"Beth, what are you doing?" Angie scowled as she sees me fumbling over my phone screen.

I call my mom and she quickly responded, "Hey Honey, I was about to call you. I was missing you so much".

Her sweet melodic voice filled my ears soothing me.

" I missed you too, Mom. I just wanted to ask you something" I sighed with a heavy tone.