Chapter 18 - Vampires & Cemetery

Ethan Dark

I am sitting currently on my favourite sofa chair in front of the shimmering fireplace where the logs crackling sound breaking the silence of the living room

Moving my head left to right and then savour the blood from my glass and think back about the party when she unexpectedly ran off. What was she thinking?. Did she remember something?. No my compulsion can't go in vain there must be something else?.

"Ethan Dark, What do you think you were doing?" A loud voice breaks the trail of my thoughts and then I found none other than Ethos standing right in front of me.

"Drinking can't you see?" I motion the glass in air mocking him.

He scoffed sitting in front of me on the sofa and glares at me as if displeased with my actions and was about to kill me but I am no human neither he is so killing is no option.

"Ethan, Elizabeth is your big sister," He stares at me as if waiting for me to say anything but I stayed silent.

"Elizabeth is here that means she is...

I cut him in mid completing his sentence on behalf of him.

" She is going to take my place and rule instead of me right?"

Ethos nods.

"That's not going to happen, Ethos. She lost her place a long time ago now it's my time and I've every single power to defy her," I stood up and pace towards a bookshelf placed in the corner and pick out an ancient book.

"Her powers have its limits you know that. This book has her lineage powers which were seized when she was abducted from the throne a century back, " I explained him

" Ethan, you know her better than me" He reminds me of her evil demeanour.

"I'll handle her, don't worry" I assure him gulping the drink down to my throat and then threw the glass on the floor feeling frustrated.

"Ethan, what's wrong with you?" His eyes dart out at the scattered shards of glass.

"I have to go" With that, I just vanished from there and reaches the hostel where the problem of life is taking a breath and still alive cause I want her to be.

There is something about her which is plucking me to her but I've to restrain her she's just a human and has no power over me and can't let her get Into my head.

I sneaked inside her room through the open window and look around it's dark here and found only Angie on her bed as Bethany's bed was empty.

Where is she?. My eyes dart around the room, my senses kicking in and I sensed her, she's inside the bathroom.

"I can't go there, right?" I shook my head, the thought is very tempting but my obligations don't allow me.

I wait for her to come when her phone suddenly buzzes catching my attention. I stealthily pick it up and check it there was an unread message from Neita.