Chapter 28 - Best Friend & Betrayals

Bethany Spark

These Nightmares always have frightened me and unsettled my thoughts but nowadays I am getting them frequently as if they are the actuality, certainly existed in the past. I have been living twice lives through these nightmares.

"Bethany"

Two hands wave in front of my eyes for attention and then I look at Angie who seems worried for me.

"Angie, hey" I stammered but calmed my nerves not wanting to trouble her.

"Don't hey me, Beth. Where the hell have you been?" She searched my face with her eyes as if checking for any injury.

I just heaved a sigh recalling how Elizabeth has almost killed me but Ethan saved me and then refused to acknowledge my feelings. He didn't kiss me, I remember everything including the nightmares where Elizabeth was constantly mentioning Rose?.

Who is Rose?.
And why she was addressing me as Rose?.

"Beth?"

Angie shook me again, jerking me out of my gloomy thoughts.

Maybe I should tell Angie everything and she'll help me out of the situation but I can't be that selfish and drag my best friend in the danger.

I forced a faint smile and glance at her before speaking.

"I was with Ethan"

I told her the truth partially and watched her face lightening up with enthusiasm.

Wrong Move, Bethany.

I was regretting even telling her that knowing what she is going to say.

Angie plops on the bed next to me extremely excited and squeezed my hands as if I have spent time with the prince or something.

"Spill the beans, Girl"

She nudges my shoulder excitedly making me want to throw my head somewhere.

"Angie, nothing happened," I said coldly but she wasn't ready to hear me.

"No, tell me. What happened at night?. Did you both share a bed, cuddled or you know...make out?"

She elbows me and I was speechless after hearing her assumptions.

I barely have survived last night and here my best friend is asking me these intimate questions.

"Nothing has happened, Angie" I give her a pointed look, wholly disappointing her equines.

"Really?. Not even a kiss?" She pouted and I laughed.