Chapter 6: The Culprit

<Dedicated to @JJJ000YYY~>

Before us great Death stands

Our fate held close within his quiet hands.

When with proud joy we lift Life's red wine

To drink deep of the mystic shining cup

And ecstasy through all our being leaps-

Death bows his head and weeps.

-Rainer Maria Rilke

Day 6

"My brother..." I announce, feeling the goosebumps rise as the word vibrates from my lips. I shiver at the thought of him caressing my body and telling me to be quiet.

She has this blank look on her face, and tries to open up her mouth to speak. But I stop her and continue.

"My imprudent, vicious, hostile brother... My destroyer, my poison, my sadistic brother." I clench my fist.

"I never thought... I'm so sorry." Was all she could say.

"I don't need your sympathy nor you pity. It's something I really don't need." I reply.

"How did this all come to such an ending?" She asked

"I honestly don't know. He always kept to himself, he locked himself in his room almost everyday. He cared for me and he loved me like any sister should've been loved. But something changed him. Or maybe he eluded his true form from me." I speak

"I truly am sorry. I never knew someone so close to you would do such a thing." She speaks slowly, sniffling.
"No one knew. I never even had a boyfriend. Even now I still don't! He took my first kiss. He took my prized possession. He took my sanity." I semi-yell.

"He took your prized possession before you even met your soul mate." She rephrases.

In the end, he didn't care. As long as he was alive he would have control over me." I say.

"Is he alive now?" She asks.

"Why do you think he isn't alive?" I ask, folding my arms.

"Because you said as long as he was alive, he would continue to abuse and rape you. But the abusing stopped. Is he still alive?" Erin interrogates.

I begin to slowly clap,"I'm honestly so proud of you Erin; that you got this far in our therapy session. This is where we get to the crucial part."

I get up and head towards the kitchen to get a knife. As I'm searching the drawers I say,"I was watching the midday movie one day, and it was a real story of an abused woman who shot her husband to escape the abuse. I started entertaining the idea of killing him, but I realized that I wouldn't be successful. But of course, that was just my imagination."

I come back into the living room and sit next to Erin with the knife in my hand. I continue,"I haven't actually tried it. But then I watched another movie similar to that. Ever saw the movie 'Enough' played by Halle Berry? where she constantly gets beat by her husband, and end the end she fights him until he's dead?"

She nods at my question.

I continue,"Yes, I wanted that type of excitement, but of course I knew I couldn't fight, and Iwasn't going to waste my time learning how to, so I went for it."

"What do you mean you went for it?" She asks.

"You see, I finally came to an epiphany. I realized that either he was going to kill me or I was going to kill him. I was always on edge, planning how to defend myself if he attacked me again. I didn't feel like dealing with him in the morning, so I did my deed at night."