Chapter 3: Deadly Temptation

Day 3

I trace the scar on my hand in a circular motion. Round and round I traced, but looking at how dark and ugly it was, I stopped and put my hand on my heart. Just fine, I thought.

I look at the door and reach for the door knob. I grab it tightly; inhaled and exhaled.

She’s not going to like this one, I thought. I open the door and walk in.

Once again, she’s sitting there waiting for me, looking at her notepad. But she looks up before I speak. “Sit.” She says.

And I sit. She moves uneasily in her seat, but finds the courage to say something, “Can we continue what we talked about yesterday?”

I giggle, “Yesterday? Yesterday was… Interesting if I say so myself."

Her tone gets more serious, “That’s nothing to be proud about.”

I raise my hands in surrender, “Woah, there’s no need to get serious. I was just saying that it was interesting; I never said I was proud about it.”

She nods, “Do you want to start it off today?”

I don’t say anything, I just lean in and reach out my hand toward her, and she just stares at my hand. “What am I supposed to be looking at?” She leans in at my hand.

“If you look inside of my palm, you’ll see a bullet wound. And if you look here…” I pull my shirt down to reveal a bullet wound above my breast. “Here’s another bullet wound.”

Her eyes widen, but she doesn’t say anything. “A bullet wound? Please don’t tell me that he did that.”

I smiled at her, "Is there anything he wouldn't do?"

She scratches her head and sighs, “Please tell me you two aren’t together anymore.”

“You’ll just have to find out.” I nonchalantly speak.

• • •

 "One day, I decided to leave the house, he asked me where I was going. I told him that I was just going out, but after than I immediately regretted what I said because I knew that he was going to be suspicious of me. I went over to my best friend's house, her name is Sara, just to have a casual one on one talk with her. You know, asking her how she has been doing and how her life has been treating her. Just when I thought things were getting better, it took a turn for the worse. He showed up unannounced at Sara's house-"

"Do you think he followed you?" She interrupts, but I just nod and proceed. 

"I could feel something was off when he appeared and frantically tried to lock the door. He pulled out a gun. He didn’t know that I was at the door and thought I was Sara. 'I just want to talk to Ciel,' he said, and shot me twice. One bullet exploded my hand. The other went through my left breast, just missing my heart. Sara was also shot twice. 

 Erin jumps out of her seat, “Did that bastard go to jail?!"

I point at her, “Hey! That’s my line... But no, he fled from the scene. I took Sara to the hospital and broke ties with her. I didn’t want her to be anymore involved in my situation than she already was. Even though she refused for me to break our friendship. I payed for her hospital charges and left her there after I got the bullet in my hand removed and the treatment on my hand. I went to another hospital and got the other bullet out of my chest, which took hours. They had to make sure my body was still so that they wouldn’t damage my spinal cord, since I had an open chest wound, or something by the lines of that."

"This all happened because you didn't tell him where you were going?" She assumes

"I don't think it was because I didn't tell him where I was going, I think it was probably because he never trusted me in the first place."