Chapter 5: What Were You Thinking?

<Dedicated to @rosalvahuerta for making these beautiful book covers~>

Day 5

 I look at her furiously, gripping the wheel even tighter.

“What the hell were you thinking?!” I shout at her

She flinches at my outburst and says lowly, “Could you keep your eyes on the road please?”

I glare at her even harder, enraged by her stupid remark. “That’s what you’re worried about? After all of what had happened back there, you’re worried about my eyes being on the damn road?”

I turn my head and look at the road. “Give me your phone.” I reach my right hand out without looking at her.

“W-why?” She stutters.

“Just give me your phone! I’m not stupid, I’ve been hearing your phone vibrate multiple times ever since we left you house, I chose to ignore it at first but now I won’t. So give it to me.” I demand.

I felt something being put in my hand; her phone. I drive up to a red light and quickly try to disable the phone. I put the SIM card in my pocket, and throw the phone out the window.

“Hey! That’s my phone!” She exclaims

“Sit down, I have plenty of those IPhones at home.” I deadpanned, and accelerated off simultaneously as the light turned green.

• • •

 "I really can't believe you!" I say in frustration, banging in the wheel.

She flinches once again at my actions.

“I can’t believe you would be so… Stupid! Are you thickheaded? Have you not listened to what I’ve been telling you in our therapy sessions?” I semi-shout.

“I’m sorry.” She quickly replies.

“Oh, that’s bull!” I retort.

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair. “Erin… I really trusted you, I thought you wouldn’t be the stupid one to fall in a trap like I’ve done before. But I guess actions speak louder than words.”

I finally arrive to my house, and quickly hit the brakes. I unbuckle my seatbelt and say, “Get out.”

Silently, Erin gets out of the car and follows behind me inside my house. Unlike Erin’s house, mine isn’t so lavishing. It’s extremely plain, nothing much to show off. But it’s still great enough to live in.

“You’re going to be staying here for a while, until I think of something better to do with you. But until then, don’t you dare try to call that prick, don’t try to tell him my location, or I will let him take you because it was your choice for letting him come get you. Understand?" I announce

I turn around and look at her, “Understand?” I repeat, which made her finally nod.

I groan at her and say, “I need a drink.” I quickly walk into the kitchen and open the refrigerator to grab a Whisky bottle. I walk back up into the living room and sit on the sofa.

“Is that Scotch?” She questions

“Oh, now you wanna ask questions?” I snap as I drink directly from the bottle.

I take a long sip from the Whisky, letting the liquid flow against my throat, letting the alcohol burn more and more as I drink. I felt a little bit of the Whisky escape my mouth and run down my chin. I remove the drink from my lips.

“D-did you know how much I hated myself?” I slur, swaying my head from side to side, “Being controlled by someone who I didn’t love? I don’t understand why you love him when all he does is abuse you like you’re some type of punching bag! Why do you belittle yourself just for him? Can’t you see he doesn’t love you, he just loves what he does to you!” I take another sip.