❥ Chapter 12

|||||

Unexpected Turn Of Events

|||||

Target - 50 Votes

Few days later

"If you're to endure a bad phase, be mindful of the fact that, there transpires no rainbows without rain. Just like how rain will come to a closure sooner or later, the trial you're put through will ground to a halt as well. It's all about time & patience Aadi"

A soft ring of familiar voice jerked Aadyanth from his induced daze. He looked around frantically & found himself engulfed in absolute darkness. For a minute or two he could decipher nothing at all. He felt himself being drawn into a darkness so total that he couldn't make out if his eyes still possessed vision.

Silence had been his only companion in the dark chamber he was locked up in, ever since couple of days. What was going around him was still seemingly vague. Some rogues had knocked him off even before he could defend & it had been darkness from then on. He knew a few days had fallen by after the incident, but he couldn't figure out how many exactly. Even a slight source of light was concealed from his reach. It was like being entrapped in a hell hole where you had no-one but your own breaths & sighs as a validation to your existence.

The iron chain that restrained his movements was so hefty that it had almost cut through his hands & legs. He had only been fed thrice in all these days. The food reeked of filth & had turned stale. It was like eating dirt. His throat was parched & mouth had benumbed from not having any fluid for hours. Yet all he could do was stare into the extended darkness before him, that mirrored what his life had become at the moment. Just like those whirly black pits that embraced his eyes, his own state of mind was in a deep mess. It was chaotic with unnamed emotions.

Aadyanth let out a low whimper as his right hand that was stabbed, began flaming in pain. The wound had turned worse over the days. It had grown larger. He could also feel several swells around his back & spine. They stung painfully. Still no efforts were made to treat them. The worst part was, he couldn't even press them to comfort. With his hands chained from all the sides, he could neither feel the bruises nor tend them. Finally he had no other choice but to abandon the pain as if it never prevailed.

Never did he foresee himself being held as a captive, that too by the woman he loved with all of his heart. For Aadyanth, it wasn't hard to guess the hands behind the abduction. No-one despised him the way Sonakshi did. It had to be her coming by the hatred she had in store for him. He knew he deserved all of it. He had put her through a lot of torments & now she was doing the same, in a much larger scale. But somewhere inside, he wanted his guess to be proved wrong. He wished it to be not Sonakshi. She wouldn't be so cruel after all or would she?

He feebly recollected how the initial silence in the air began to fade out slowly with time. It was replaced by thundering roars of a man. The roars or rather helpless cries came out like a warning to Aadyanth about the endless pain that awaited him. Sooner or later, he was destined to be doomed in it. He didn't know who was tortured alongside him in the dungeon. But he could envision his own fate, which was no different from it.

And then, he heard it a day back!!!

He heard Sonakshi's authoritative voice being echoed throughout the adjacent hallway. Though she didn't appear before him, her commands were obvious to his ears.

Initially, he thought it was an illusion owing to her frequent presence in his life. But the moment she ordered her men to deal with the other guy he had no idea of, he concluded it was all her doings. She was unsympathetic. Her heart was made of stone. It reflected no emotions. All that mattered to her was her win. She was gusty enough to go to any extent & get her revenge done.