❥ Chapter 14

|||||

Mixed Feelings

|||||

Sonakshi parked her car at the destination after hours of lonesome drive. Taking off her sunglasses, she paced along the lush green lawn as her vision scrutinized the premises. Unlike all other times, the ride wasn't smooth today. She kept feeling someone's gaze on her way as if she was being watched & followed. It continued almost for an hour. She even halted her car a few times at the lane to subdue her suspicion & resumed the wheels on finding no being around.

"Just check if someone is around. Quick! And make sure nobody comes in. I mean NOBODY!" Sonakshi commanded to the henchmen who were stationed outside her mansion. They gestured affirmatively as they dispersed along different directions while Sonakshi herself dashed indoors.

As she walked past the hallway, she decided to converse with Narain's doctor over his recent health records. It was the chief reason why she had given a miss to all other plans for the day. She would have rather preferred having some girl time with Juhi but her presence here was mandatory. Things were almost slipping out of her hands & she couldn't simply watch it happen.

"I was waiting for you Madam. Please take a seat" The lady doctor spoke as Sonakshi barged inside her cabin. She stood up from her position & collected a few scattered papers from the table, which looked alike medical reports. Studying the pages for one last time, she handed them over to Sonakshi.

"How is he doing now?" Sonakshi asked, switching her curious gazes between the report & the woman before her.

"There is no progress Madam. Infact his condition is worsening day by day. His body is not responding to medicines & that is where the major problem lies" She heard a sharp intake of breath & gulped hard on finding Sonakshi intently studying her face.

"He has a lot of internal injuries. I'm trying my best. But I don't think that is going to make any difference. If you want him to survive, you'll have to shift him to a hospital & provide him with proper treatment. Unless you're ready to do that, I'm helpless" The woman completed in a nervous whisper making Sonakshi scowl bloody murder.

More than Narain's state, the irresponsibility of her employees was heating up her temper. They were thoroughly proficient at cracking lame excuses & just that. These thoughtless morons had been earning hefty amounts as their salaries, yet they were never precise with the works assigned to them.

"You're going to treat him right from here & he is going to survive. End of the discussion!" Sonakshi mouthed dismissively with her eyes spewing fire.

"But.. Madam, that is.. impossible!"

"Do I look like I care? Just do as I say or be ready to face the consequences" She fumed & the lady having no other choice, affirmed in fear.

"Also make sure you mail every single detail to me by today itself. I will check it later on & see if there is something that can be done!"

"Sure Madam!" The doctor readily nodded. With that the room fell into abrupt silence. The tension in the air only ascended when Sonakshi turned the pages of the report, learning them in earnest attention. Except for the occasional flipping of papers, there was no other source of sound around the place.

She could only make out a bit from the quick read as she wasn't really familiar with all the medical terms. But from the little she deciphered, it was obvious that the doctor's assumption was right. Narain was in the jaws of death. There were numerous fractures in & out of his body. The limited facilities allotted within the mansion indeed did no good to his already declining health. Perhaps a change from the present environment might favour his response to the treatment. She decided to think of it in depth & arrive at a decision afterwards.