❥ Chapter 11

|||||

Exposed Truths

|||||

Aadyanth walked aimlessly through the beach looking vacantly at the far stretched sea & the faint sway of waves that occasionally found their closure at the shore. Yet another day had fallen by summoning the darkness of the night. The beach was practically empty except for a few indistinct figures & their shadows.

He loved sea for all the right reasons. The aural solace from within it's shore had always offered him a wild comfort whenever he sought for peace from his tangled emotions. He was fond of the waves & their consistent rush. Every new sway of them were entwined with fresh memories of himself & his parents, especially his mother. Never had he seen a woman who was fond of the sea and the stars the way his mother was. She loved watching the night sky. She would spent hours staring at the stars & still not get bored.

There were nights when she would pester their dad to take all four of them to the shore, just to feel the silence & erase her worries if any. A bit of solace from the daily chaos can soothe one's existence & heal even the deepest of wounds. That was one of her strongest beliefs. His dad being so in love their mother would relent eventually. She would then tell them the tales of the sea, the stars & every other random stuffs that had her fascinated. Rohaan & Harsha being kids back then would listen to her curiously & every so often nod their heads in excitement.

His mother was a strong woman with influential traits. Every minute spent in her presence counted. Those days were precious. They were a happy family back then. He couldn't ask for more. Life was pleasant & voidless. Every new day fabricated new memories. His mother had given them ample moments to cherish for a lifetime and another.

Walking through the open space all alone, he could literally feel his parents everywhere though they weren't within his reach. It was like breathing the same air as theirs. If there was a place apart from his home that could make him feel all the right emotions, it was this particular end of the beach.

For some reason Sonakshi reminded him of his mother. He didn't know why. It could be because she was strong & independent. That added up her beauty manifolds in his eyes. Besides the way her eyes dilated in awe upon watching the sky & the way she told oblivious stories last night mirrored his mother's never dying enthusiasm for the same.

After his mother's death, for the first time in all these years, he felt an earnest assurance in her presence. It was like reaching the right destination after restlessly wandering in an unfamiliar walkway for days. It was like realising the true purpose of his distorted life.

Everything about her had gotten him distracted and swept him off his feet ever since they ran into each other. He was in awe of how she would fume, how an annoyed frown would grace her face, how her tiny nose would scrunch in distaste & her cheeks would turn bright red in embarrassment.

Earlier all his smiles were at Rohaan & Harsha's expenses but from a few days even Sonakshi had a pleasant share in them. Her thoughts alone could make him happy. Yet he had chosen to hurt her. Instead of showering her with love & keeping her safe, he chose to break her with his words. Sonakshi meant his whole world and it took him days to admit that to himself & realise her real worth.

Thinking about his misbehaviour towards her, reopened the wound in his heart. The way he manhandled her & tried to prove his dominance, made him feel like a cold blooded monster. It was nothing but his damned self pride. Harsha being the victim of his revenge was just an excuse to break her. He now realised it was solely his possessiveness for Sonakshi. He loved her so much that it pricked him really bad to think of her as a characterless woman. He could never imagine her getting close to someone else. She was his regardless of the piled up hatred she had for him.