26//Arguments And Apologies

Keith and Anthony both looked surprised. Well, I didn't give a fuck. I joined this shit to protect him and now he wants to do this.

"You couldn't protect me when I was fucking kidnapped and forced to join this bullshit! I'm sick and tired of this, my entire life you hid this debt shit from me and now you want to endanger our lives even more?!"

I looked at Anthony with pleading eyes, "You can't let him."

He looked back at me, his expression unwavering. "Sweetheart, it's his deci-"

I glared at him and stomped my foot, interrupting him. Everybody was outside and they were all watching us argue.

"I hate you. Both of you."

Keith suddenly looked sad and Anthony's jaw clenched. I didn't care, I can't believe both of them. I felt tears pricking my eyes and I immediately ran upstairs into a random room and broke down. I quietly sobbed, they knew I wouldn't want this and they still did that.

I heard somebody knock the door and I quickly wiped my tears, "Come in."

I saw Nina poke her head inside the room, she quickly closed it and made sure to lock it. She sat down on the floor next to me and bit her bottom lip. She pursed her lips, "I'm sorry, I know exactly how you feel right now."

"What do you mean?"

"I felt this way when Anthony wanted to take over the gang. I feel upset right now too."

"Why? I thought you would've hated my brother just as much as yours does."

She sighed, "It's quite the opposite. I really like your brother, I would visit him while he was resting and everyday I would just end up talking to him. I never really felt this way with someone before, it's so different." 

I looked at her and she had a small smile on her face.

"I don't want him to join the gang, I don't want him to be in danger. It sounds selfish, I know. You're his sister, but I would protect you just as much. Him joining would endanger you both even more."

I looked down at my hands and I heard her sniffling a minute later. I looked up at her and she held a smile, but we both knew she was hurting just as much as I was. I could spot a fake smile a mile away, I was the same. We both needed a hug. I hesitated before hugging her and we cried for a bit, sometimes you shouldn't bottle up your emotions.

Letting out your hidden emotions doesn't make you weak, it makes you stronger for being able to even keep them inside.

"My brother likes you a lot, I can see it," I furiously blushed and pulled away.

"H-huh?"

She raised an eyebrow, "You can tell me everything later, but I hope you make up with my brother and Keith. I saw how heartbroken they both were after you told them you hated them."

I knew Keith did that to protect me, he always protected me since we were younger. Anthony couldn't do anything about his decision, he owed him money and it was his decision.

"Anthony was never really happy, but I know after being with you he feels so happy. He found a reason to live. I know it isn't really my part to say, but when we were younger, he was never happy."

"Our father trained him like a dog for the stupid position to take over when he would finally die. He whipped him until he couldn't feel pain, but he's human, he will feel pain. Those scars did nothing but break him. He's broken, and you're slowly fixing him. He never really knew what love from a parent felt, the only people who really loved him was our uncle."

"Uncle Tony would always visit us and take care of us like a real parent should. He couldn't stop anything, nobody could. Anthony's mother abandoned him after giving birth to him and I'm just a daughter of a whore. We always stuck together, I was always ignored while Anthony was forced to fight his fears and become a pet for father."

My heart ached, I never knew this. I always hid behind a smile, I was only wearing a real smile after meeting these people. They were my family, and they didn't need to be blood-related. They cared about me and I cared about them.

I looked at Nina and she immediately gave me a small smile through the tears, she knew what I was going to do. I wiped her tears away and I gave her a real and genuine smile. I hugged her once again and got up. "He's in his office."

I nodded and quickly ran towards his office, I'd been in this room enough times to know where it was located. I knocked on the door a couple of times, then I heard his voice, "What?"

I opened the door and I looked at him. Tie undone, sleeves rolled up, and alcohol on the desk. He saw where my eyes were and he quickly threw the alcohol in a bin near him. "I-I'm sorry," I muttered.

He sat by his desk and motioned for me to come near him, I made my way towards him. "Sit here," he pointed at his lap.

I blushed and I looked at his eyes, they were half-way opened and he looked exhausted. I walked over and straddled him. "You're so beautiful..."

Wow, he must've really been tired.

He leaned closer to my face and he kissed me, this wasn't slow and passionate. It was rough and demanding, like I was oxygen and he needed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and I kissed back. We both pulled back, breathing heavily.

"Darling, you know I didn't intentionally mean to hurt you, right? it's his decision and I know I can't change it especially when his reasoning involves you."

I sniffled, I was scared. What if something bad happened to any one of us? He pulled me towards him and I cried for a long time. Apparently, crying with Nina wasn't enough. I cried so much, everything had hit me. As if the bounty on my head wasn't enough, Keith knew what he was getting himself into and he still did it.