21//21 Questions

"Okay, so I go first because I'm better," he rolled his eyes at that. "Anyway, how old are you?"

"20."

I raise an eyebrow, he literally looks my age. I wait for him to ask the question he's been wanting to ask since so long.

"Why are you so annoyingly happy all the time?"

"Well, it all began wh—wait what?" I glare at him.

He smirks like the arrogant little bitch he is, "I have many questions for you. Now answer it."

I thought deep about it, I knew I was unnecessarily happy all the time.

I sighed, "I guess you can call it a defense mechanism. I live in my own little happy world where I don't have to worry about shit. Even now, all I can think about is being happy and hiding everything from people. I don't want anyone to know about this other side of me. As far as they know, I'm happy with my brother. Besides, if I'm going to stay in your gang then we might as well get to learn more about each other," I looked up at the ceiling and added, "Even if the truth isn't pretty."

I looked from the ceiling to Ant. His eyes had softened and we stared at each other for a while. The way he looked at me had my heart beating rapidly and my hands suddenly feeling sweaty. My breath hitched when I noticed he was leaning closer and closer, our lips were inches away when the door slammed open.

We both jumped from the noise and I put both of my hands against his chest and pushed him with all my strength. I felt my cheeks heating up and I looked by the door frame to see Nina staring at us with wide eyes. 

"I-it's not what it looks like!" I was a spluttering mess.

She pointed at us accusingly, "Y-you guys were....!"

Penelope and Keith came rushing behind Nina looking at us with puzzled looks.

"Vee, are you okay? You look a little red..."

I heard a snicker from beside me and I narrowed my eyes at Ant.

"I'm just peachy."

Everyone was pushed aside and I heard sobbing, "My love! Are you alright?!"

Ethan grabbed my hands in his and looked at me with concern. He was blubbering and he had tears streaming down his face. Why was he crying? It was just a panic attack and I was perfectly fine. He started shaking me, "Oh my God! She's broken!"

"No, no. I'm fine," I assured him quickly.

"You can let go of her now," Anthony spoke up while glaring at Ethan.

"Well, someone's jelly..." Nina mumbled with a knowing look.

I quickly cleared my throat. "So, what are you guys doing here?"

"We came here as soon as we heard something bad happen. You're apart of our family now."

My eyes widened after hearing that word. Family. Keith was my only family up until now, they accepted me as one of them. I gave them all a wide smile. They trusted me, if not all the way, then at least a little bit. They could've killed me but they chose to keep me with them and let me join their gang.

I looked at Keith and I saw him talking to Penelope who was laughing at whatever he said. I looked at my side to see Ant staring at me, almost as if he was studying me. Our game was interrupted and he never really found out why I had my panic attack. I knew sooner or later he would bring it up, yet I couldn't understand why it wasn't the first question he asked.

Time had gone by and Nina rushed all the boys out of the room. When it was just me, her, and Penelope, the first thing she did was blurt out, "She almost kissed my brother!"

Even Penelope seemed shocked about that. She started going on about the fact that I would soon melt his 'frozen heart.' It was all shit that you would see in some romantic movie or novel, none of that happened in real life. It was an almost-just-simple-small kiss. It's not like we had a crush on each other.

I knew for a fact that I would lose sleep over this 'almost-just-simple-small' kiss.