18//Finally Awake

I woke up on a soft bed, I yawned and stretched. What the hell had happened?

"So... You're finally awake," I jumped at the voice and saw Ant glaring at me.

"Uh yeah, what happened?"

He slammed his hand against the wall, "Are you out of your goddamn mind?! You killed a man!"

Then, the memories came crashing to me. Tripping over a damn bra, stabbing that man, then accidentally killing that pedophile. I flinched, holy fuck, I killed someo-

"You don't realize what you've done."

"Woah, woah. Dude, you act like I meant to kill that guy. Not my fault that I tripped over a bra."

He narrowed his eyes, "Oh, so you accidentally killed someone after tripping over a bra? That doesn't make anything better!" His voice got louder as he spoke each word.

"Well, I mean..."

"Do you know how many connections that guy has? You're going to be targeted from left to right."

I grinned, "You can protect me, Ant."

He pulled at his hair out of frustration. He suddenly walked out of the room with me following behind. This man sure does walk fast, I was practically jogging after him. He halted and I bumped into his back. "Why the fuck are you following me?"

"Well, you see, my mother always told me to follow my dreams," I looked up at his face and gave him a nervous smile, "Haha, just kidding."

"Shut your trap or else I'll order my men to kill you brother right now."

My eyes widened and my face paled. His eyes softened for a minute before he quickly cleared his throat. "Look, I know you obviously didn't mean to kill him but you just made a big mistake. That stab was meant to scare his men not target us."

I bit the inside of my cheek, "I-I'm sorry..."

He stared at me and I continued to speak, "If I could do anything to fix it, then I would."

"Anything?"

"Anything."

He stared at me for a second before saying, "You will continue to train and fight. This was your first mission but it definitely isn't your last. Follow me, I'm taking you to Tank."

"You forgot something," I looked down at the dress.

He clenched his jaw and unclenched it. "I'll ask one of the girls to get you more comfortable clothes."

We walked to the dressing room after he made a quick call for Nina and Penelope to meet him there. It didn't take them long before they grabbed me a tank-top and sweatpants. I cleaned the makeup off of my face and grabbed a spare toothbrush they had given me. Ant was long gone and I was changing while the girls waited outside.

I sighed heavily. Would I ever get to see my family again? My eyes filled with tears and I quickly pushed them back. As much as I love my brother, it was his fault he got caught up in all of this and I was paying the price. Although, one question stayed on my mind.

Why did he even steal all that money?

I walked out of the room after cleaning up and changing. Nina's eyes sparkled as she looked at me, "You look hot in anything you wear."

I was average, I wasn't pretty or anything. Nina and Penelope were both very pretty. Nina and Ant were both attractive, yet Ant's attitude brought him down to a zero.

I used to be bullied a while back for my looks. I ended up really insecure, but Keith made me feel better. No matter how much I hate him right now nothing could change the fact that he was my stupid, awesome, over-protective brother.

I was interrupted from my thoughts by Penelope snapping her fingers in my face. I looked at her in confusion and she seemed amused.

"We're in the gym. This is where you'll be training."

I looked around for Tank and saw him by a treadmill. My eyes widened and I immediately went to run away until my arms were grabbed by the two girls and I was pulled towards him. Tank was ruthless during training, I almost ended up dying when he made me run laps.

He stared at me with a raised eyebrow and I sighed. Let's just get this shit over with.