25: Roxara x Farkas (First Meeting)

-

-

While Vilkas was hard at work training the new girl, a certain twin of his was doing actual jobs.

Farkas certainly didn't mind, though. As long as he got to play to his strength, he was happy.

That being said, he still missed being able to spend time with his brother.

"Cheer up, big guy. Maybe you need to start settling down." Torvar said one day, while the two of them plus Athis were out in the Whiterun plains, preparing to take on a bandit camp.

"Yes, Torvar is right. Settle down, find the right girl, get laid, the finer things in life." Athis added.

"I don't have time to be worryin' about that kind of thing. Now shut up and let's do this job." Farkas told the two.

But even after they cleared out the bandit camp, Farkas had to think about it.

Find the right girl? He was sure Vilkas would end up courting the new girl. So maybe a lover was what Farkas needed.

But for now, he was perfectly fine with just bashing things with his fists.

The next day, while Farkas was outside of Whiterun's walls, taking a walk to clear his mind, he saw the most fascinating sight.

A redheaded young woman, wearing strange robes and leather boots, was walking along the road past Whiterun. She had her nose in a map, and she was seemingly aggravated. At her side was a steel dagger.

"Hey, you alright miss?" Farkas called.

That made the woman jump. She looked up and immediately Farkas was struck by how pretty she was.

"I can't figure out where I'm going." She admitted, and Farkas immediately noticed how odd her accent was.

She must've been a Breton, by the sounds of her voice.

"Where are ya headed, miss?" Farkas asked her.

"Winterhold. But I don't know which way to go." She replied.

Farkas thought for a long time, before he remembered exactly how to get to Winterhold.

"So, you're gonna want to head across that bridge over there." Farkas pointed to the bridge leading to past Chillfurrow Farm & Battle-Born Farm. "If you follow the road and your map, it should take ya right to Winterhold."

"Thank you, uhhh...?" "Farkas. My name is Farkas."

The mysterious woman grinned. "Thanks Farkas. By the way, my name is Roxara. Good to meet you." She said.

"Likewise." Farkas nodded.

Roxara then started to follow Farkas's directions, but then Farkas had stopped her.

"Hey, uh... you look strong. Come to Jorvaskrr and be a Companion!" He said.

Roxara shook her head. "I wish I could. I'm not exactly a warrior... I'm more of a battlemage. I'm sorry." She apologized.

"Ah, no matter. You can still visit if you'd like!" Farkas exclaimed.

That for Roxara to smile again. "I'll see what I can do, Farkas. Well, I'm off to Winterhold. Farewell, Companion."

With that, the young Breton turned and began her trek towards Winterhold.

Athis's words began to echo in Farkas's head, the ones about him finding a girl.

If Roxara held up to her promise of visiting, Farkas was 99% sure he'd wind up falling in love with her.

He just had to hope she'd feel the same for him, if it came down to it, of course.