12: Rosalind x Marcurio (Married Life)

Life hadn't really changed for the newlyweds.

Apart from Rosalind acquiring a Daedric artifact (the Ebony Mail, from Boethiah), and the fact that she had visited the face sculptor while Marcurio was sleeping.

Marcurio awoke one morning to find that Rosalind's hair was now out of its silly hairstyle, and instead it was in a simple practical ponytail.

Her war paint, which had been smeared around her eyes before, was also different; now that she was with the Stormcloaks, she had decided to go for a more... Nordic look for her war paint. The green paint now extended down to her neck.

"I'm surprised you haven't bashed in any skulls yet." Marcurio joked, which earned him a playful punch to the gut.

"Shut up."

The two continued to travel together, now only using one tent instead of two like they used to.

It was Rosalind's idea to save up for the house in Solitude in the first place; Marcurio didn't like the idea at first.

"With the money I make with the Guild, plus whatever we make from taking random jobs and bounties, we'll have a fully furnished home in no time." Rosalind proclaimed.

"You sure it's wise to live in Solitude? Considering the fact that you're a Stormcloak now." Marcurio pointed out, but Rosalind waved him off.

"The war will be over by then." "Tch, I hope you're right..."

-

One night, the two were laying under the stars, just outside their tent.

The auroras were on full display; something Marcurio knew Rosalind adored seeing.

"How long has it been since we've made love?" Rosalind asked randomly, still gazing up at the sky.

"A few hours." Marcurio laughed a bit, already knowing where Rosalind was going.

"That's too long." Rosalind finally turned to look at Marcurio, while he had just chuckled.

"You're something else, aren't you, my love?" "But you still love me."

That got a real hearty laugh out of Marcurio, while he pulled Rosalind in for a kiss.

"Yes, I still love you."

Two Imperials who hated each other initially - it almost seemed storybook.

Nevertheless, everything worked out as it should've.

And both the mage and the warrior would thank the Divines that they had been brought together thanks to the Dragonborn's insistence.