Matteo's POV

As I finished the last paperwork, I weaved out a sigh and put my head back.
"Finally"

I looked at the clock to see it's 2:00 am in the morning.
"I didn't even notice it was that late."

I stretched and stood up.
"Finally, I can go back"
I bet Lilian is mad because it's way passed the date that she set for my return.
"Geez, now I'm going to listen to another lecture"

There was a knock on my door and before I could say come in, Victor waltzed in and placed more files on my table.
"Wh-what is this?"

"This is the last set. After this, you're up to date with everything."

"Why didn't you give me earlier. Now you've killed my mood"

"That's what I'm here for."

I sighed and sat back down then started reviewing the important documents first.
"How's the thing I told you to investigate?"

"Right"
He walked over and shut the door then set the switch in the office to soundproof.

He walked over to me and gave me a brown file to which I dropped everything and opened it.

"The paper and ink was from a witch that lives far off in the mountains. We visited her and got information that someone wearing a robe came to her 4 years ago in request for the items."

"And?"

"The person didn't buy anything, they just used it and gave everything back. Of course the witch wasn't satisfied with this but the customer came prepared and offered her a large sum of money which is way bigger than the original price."

"I see. Did you ask who?"

"Like I said the person was wearing a robe and their face wasn't visible but from her description of the shape and size of the customer, I think it's safe to infer that the person is a female"

"I see"

"I don't need to go any further cause I'm pretty sure you already know who it is."
I nodded and sighed.

"But even at that, why would Lilian decide to leave just because of a note. It doesn't make any sense. I know she's naive but she's not that naive."

"True, according to you, the note says leave them or the rest of your family dies which means it's also safe to assume that one of Lilian's family members was hurt"

"Yes but who? Everybody seemed fine. The perp wouldn't just attack people from Lilian's pack. It has to be someone close to her"

"Yes but who"

"Her brother?"

"No, after their parents death, Justice only stayed here for a week before he decided to leave and study abroad so he could learn more about managing his pack. So he wasn't here when all that happened"

"So which leaves her alone. What about her little sister. I haven't seen her for a long time"

"No, Zoe is fine. When I went to the other pack to train them, I saw Zoe there and she-"
I cut myself of as I remembered Zoe's expression when she saw us.