Lilian's POV

A/N
(Before I start, some of the creatures might look like anime but these are the best I could find. Plus this chapter will have lots of pictures so yeah!!!
P.S the chapter is long cause I didn't update yesterday.)

As I kept on staring at the dark scary forest, I felt a chill down my spine.
The fact that I thought that this was gonna be some magical enchanted forest makes me want to laugh.

I looked at Romeo who was holding the girl's who are now awake and scared.

"Mommy why are we here?" Cora asked.

Before I could say anything, hazel butted in.
"I knew it. She's sacrificing us"

"Okay, what?"

"It's so obvious you're going to sacrifice us" she said and clinged onto Romeo tighter.

"I'm not gonna sacrifice you guys"

"Yet"
Romeo added which made them start crying.
I hit his arm and he smiled.

To be honest they've been giving me trouble so why not tease them a little.
"Actually, it's true. I only sacrifice naughty kids who go around causing trouble and drowning their parents in water"

"Noo" they both said and started crying more.

"We promise to be good"
Hazel said as she wiped her tears.
I couldn't help myself as I started laughing.
I am a mean mother.

"I'm just joking"
I said and started laughing even more when I saw their faces.

My laughing ceased when I heard a loud growl coming from the dark forest.
I turned around to see the silhouette of some kind of animal before it disappeared.

"What the-"

"That's probably athena. She's a goddess of sight. Her vision is very clear in the dark and her range of sight is really wide"

"How wide"

"Let's say she can probably cover up the whole of Kegan's pack"

"Damn, she's definitely seen me"

"Well good luck. I'll be following you from behind. If you're in really deep trouble, I'll come to your aid"

"Don't. You can't leave the girls alone"

"Don't worry about that"

He put them down and squatted tk their level.
Then he kissed both of them on the forehead and a little red moon crest appeared on their forehead.

I squatted and touched it but it didn't go off.
"Is this a tattoo?"

"No, it'll keep the beasts away from them no matter where they are"

"What does it mean?"

"It's a blood moon. This is also our packs symbol."
I nodded and stood

"Okay, I think I'm ready"
I said as I shook of my nervousness.

"Are you sure? Once you go in, you enter a barrier and then you alert all of them. You can't leave until you die or you're granted permission to leave by Cain or Mahees"