Matteo's POV

After she finished cleaning the cut, I nodded and started headed downstairs.

"Try not to kill him" she said as she stood in her doorframe.

"No promises"

"I'm serious" I stopped midway and turned around.

"Are you really worried about him that much"

She shrugged and looked away.
"If he dies, who's gonna lead this pack. There are kids who look up to him too, you know."

"Oh...what if he tries to kill me?"

She looked back at me to see if I was joking but I was completely serious.

"I'm not sure that would happen"

"Yeah, but you don't know. I might just give up in the middle of it all and let him attack me. There's nothing much to live for anyways" I said with a shrug.

"Someone's sounding suicidal"

"Oh, really..."
She chuckled and I turned around.

"You still haven't answered my question"

"What was it again"

"What if he tries to kill me and I'm on the verge of dying?"

"Then I would rush in and save you" she mumbled under her breath but I was still able to pick that up.

"What did you say" I asked even though I heard her already.

"Nothing, if you're on the verge of death then I'm pretty sure your men would save you"

"Oh...okay. well see ya"

"Matteo..."

"Hmm"

"Thank you... for helping me"

I didn't say anything else and continued walking downstairs
Once I got outside, a lot of people were staring at me which made me sigh.

*What...you getting shy from all the attention"

"Oh my gawd, how did you know. Well um you wouldn't mind being my night in shinning armor and shielding me from all the scary people, would you" I said in a girly voice which caused him to scoff.

*Just go die in a ditch*

"I've already tried that. It doesn't work"

*Might as well recommend new places for you*

"Oh my gosh, you're so nice. I can't wait"
I said as I continued walking towards the training grounds.

"How did you provoke him this time" I continued walking with my hands in my pocket.

"He was touching what he wasn't supposed to be touching" I said as I looked ahead to see Romeo sitting in a tree branch.

"Oh, well this might be interesting to watch" he said as he jumped down and waited for me to catch up.

"I wish you broke a leg"