Asmodeus's POV

It feels kinda weird ya know. What am I even doing here? Am I even needed here? Why am I even here?
Those are the questions that I keep asking myself.

It's been long since I left my palace and the first thing I do once I'm out is to save Selene's grandkid. Kinda ironic if you ask me.

I looked at Selene who was sleeping peacefully and smiled.
"At this age and time, you still sleep anywhere as long as you find it safe, huh"
Irs kinda funny to see how she hasn't changed.

"Hey, stop staring at my grandmother like that. It's creeping me out"
I turned back to see the girl on the bed giving me a look that has "pervert" written on it and I raised a brow.

"Do you know who you're talking to kid. I'm just here because I'm doing Selene a favor or else I would've let you died so don't joke with me"
There's no way this girl resembles Selene.

"Huh, then let me die then"
She smirked as she stared at me.
"Let's see what your precious Selene has to say about it"
Tsk, she got me there. How does she know that I can't really let her die.

"Right now you must be thinking, how does she know that I can't really let her die, right?"

"Huh..."

"Answer is simple. Grandmother is asleep yet you're still here helping me. If you wanted me to die, then you would've left me alone as soon as she zoned out but you're still here instead meaning if I die, you'd be in big trouble"
I take back what I said. She's definitely like Selene.

The two assistants who were in the room started talking to her to see if she was hurt anywhere but she just smiled.
"I'm fine, no need to wor- huh, why is my stomach so big, I thought I wasn't due for another 8 months"

"Miss Lilian, in short we're delivering the baby right now because it won't last for 8 months due to poison in your body."

"I see, okay"
She sighed and turned back to me.

"You... You're from the demon realm right?"

"Yes, how'd you know?"

"I faintly remember but when Grandmother was healing me, her aura thingy that was flowing into me was white but yours is black. I can only make a bold guess, right?"
She does have a point.

"Thank you"

"Like I said I'm doing this for-"

"That's exactly why I have to thank you"

"Huh?"

"Before you came, I could see grandmother losing her life bit by bit. It was scary."
She used her hands to cover her eyes.
"I was repeatedly begging her to stop but it felt as if she couldn't hear me. If you weren't here then...."
I guess she isn't a brat after all.

"But that still doesn't give you the right to look at her like that"
She peeked at me and gave me that same "pervert" look.
What kind of annoying specimen is this.

"Fine, fine. I'll leave as soon as I'm done"

"Are you going back to the demon realm?"