Can't Go Home

Ashton's POV

Aly is asleep in my arms and I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. She is going through something I haven't ever really gone through. She is losing the person she holds dear to her, and basically her dad. She looked so weak last night, and like her whole world was collapsing in on her. She was shattered and I felt so helpless knowing that I couldn't do anything to help or make the pain go away at all. I don't know what she's going to do when she wakes up, but I think she should sleep as long as possible, but I have work in like an hour and I have to get ready. 

I lay/sit still for another ten minutes before I slowly get up and lay Aly back down in the chair. I feel so bad for her. I mean honestly I don't know even what to say to her. 

I get dressed and pull my work shirt on and notice that Luke is in bed, which means that he got in really late with the others. I quietly grab my key and wallet and head out the door. I'll check in with Aly later and tell Luke to check in with her often. I feel bad about leaving but I gotta go to work. I leave the building and head to my truck before driving to work. 

Aly's POV

I wake up slowly now noticing that Ash is no longer holding me, and not there at all. He has work on Saturdays so that is understandable. I have work too, but I send a quick email saying I'm sick so I don't have to go. 

I go look at my phone and realize that it's noon, so it's six inthe evening back in Tucson. I walk out the door, quietly  since Luke has arrived back at his own room. I walk out over to my room and see my roommate has gone. I sit in my comfy chair and dial my Tia's number. 

Hey sweety, she says with an obvious tension to her voice.

"Hey, you said that you would explain everything to me. I have time now, I don't have work. Please tell me what's going on," I say and my voice shakes less than it did last night. 

 He is having coughing fits, where he is coughing up blood. The good news is that he has type A which has a higher survival rate. He is going through chemo, he had a round of it today. He is very sick from the chemo therapy. He is still craking jokes at thedoctor's expense but he is so weak. 

"I widh I was there, keep you company; and be there for him. Do my parents know?" I ask wondering about how they are reacting or if they are helping. 

Yes they know. They came by when we first came in. They brought flowers and so many cameras were outside the building. She sounded incredibly frustrated. 

"How much you wanna bet that they were using this a publicity for the next election," I ask trying to make a joke though I was probably right.

A million dollars says you're right. Now I know they're your parents so- I cut her off knowing that hse wasn't gonna shit talk them but I have no problem with that.

"They still should have boundries about family and work. They should be seperate. I swear they aren't related to me sometimes, and you are my real mom," I joke and she knows how I wish she was my mom. 

Oh honey I know, and if I had a daughter I would want her to be just like you. 

"Well, you have me so you do have a daughter. Is Felix asleep?" I ask hoping that I could maybe say hello and that I love him. 

No, he's asleep. The chemo took it out of him today. I'm sorry, but I will tell him you called and that you love him. 

"Thank you," we then talk for an hour about what the plans were to help him. I was sinking farther into myself. When we finally said goodbye, I was almost crying again.