The Plan

Aly's POV

It has been two weeks since I have been home and I am so thankful that I have been busy. Working at the garage has given me something to do everyday and keeps my mind busy. I have learned a lot about a bunch of different cars from working on them. Felix is keeping his spirits up and is almost happy that he's too sick to go to my parents family Christmas party.

"You still have to go and report back on how drunk your French uncles get," he chuckles rolling his eyes. "You know Gloria won't go if I'm not."

"Tío, ni siquiera quiero ir," I really don't want to go but since my stunt with not showing up to now three events, my mother is now holding my book collection hostage. I have about eight books that are super rare and first editions that I had forgotten to move to Felix and Gloria's place before I left, which my mother is now keeping from me. My parents had bought them for me for like birthdays and Christmases. They were bribes basically for me to do what they wanted.

"You are a spy for me."

"I get that, but I'm gonna have to wear a dress," I groan and lean back into the uncomfortable hospital chair.

"Siempre te ves bonita. Maybe you could freak them suit and wear a suit," he chuckles and I laugh with him.

"Dios mío, me matarían," God if I were to show up in a suit my parents would kill me. I'd never make it out of that house alive.

"So what are you going to wear?"

"I don't know, I was gonna send a couple of pictures to my friend Audrey from school and see if she could help me pick something out. I'll send you pictures of what I decide on," I smile before grabbing his hand.

"I'll be looking forward to them. You should probably leave soon so you can go get ready. You smell like exhaust," he laughs as he holds my hand.

"I don't smell that bad." I laugh him shaking my head. "You should be used to the smell. For the longest time when I was little I thought guys were supposed to smell like exhaust and oil."

"Yes, but a young lady shouldn't smell like it when she's going to a nice dinner."

"True," I smirk at him. "I love you." I kiss his hand through the mask I have to wear when I'm around him.

"Love you too Aly cat." He waves me out the door and I get all the hospital stuff off of me and basically bathe in purell as I exit his room, and again when I leave the hospital.

I get into Red Queen and just take a deep breath. I bite my lips together and try to keep breathing like Aston told me. He and I have been talking practically every day at this point. He calls before he goes to sleep and I'm waking up. He has helped me freak out less about the hospital.

I turn my music on and have it set to my Panic! at the Disco albums. Emperor's New Clothes comes on and I just sing as I head back to my place to get myself ready for the storm coming this evening.

My mom's side is basically all French, a few are American and couple from Canada. My mom's parents are french that moved back to France a couple years ago after being in New York years. My mom and her siblings grew up between New York and France. My mom has 5 siblings, 2 brothers and 3 sisters. And I have eleven cousins, with four second cousins. I only really like two of my aunts, Aunt Kelly and Aunt Lynn. Lynn has 2 kids who are my age and Kelly has a daughter who is 25 and a fucking menace, her name is Bailey. God I hope she doesn't show up.

My mom's side is really bougie, which is why Christmas dinner is essentially black-tie. My grandmother Adaline enforced it, and it has been such a nightmare. I don't particularly like grandma Adaline, but she's nice enough. She makes us speak mostly french at dinner. The spouses are the only ones who don't have to speak french, but almost everyone does. Lynn, my dad and I are the only ones who speak Spanish so when I want to speak with just her I revert to Spanish.