The Roommate

Alice's POV  

I needed to escape and here I am half way across the world. Now at the University of Sydney. Never did I think I'd beable to make it here, make it out. 

I arrive at the beautiful campus and I am in awe. It's so much prettier than the last time I was here, during their winter. The dorms were on the other end of the campus and I saw how many other people were here and I had no idea who my roomamte was. 

"Honey I believe check in is other there," my mom points towards a big bunch of tables. 

"Thanks mom," I say and walk over there with my student ID I had gotten the week earlier during orientation. 

I wait in this long ass line before finally getting up to the front, "G'day what hall ya in?" 

"Um Baker hall I believe?"

"Alright, what's your name?" the nice girl asks me. 

"Alice Jamison," I say not exactly liking my last name, due to my parents being known very well back home. 

"Yupp, I gotcha here," she says before going through some filing system to find something. "Here's ya key." She offers me this legit key as opposed to a key card. That's good. "You are on the fourth floor in room 415. Have a great day!" 

I walk away and head towards my parents to tell them where I am supposed to go.  We drive the car so it's closer to the building I will be living in. We start unpacking and I am so worried my roommate will be a partier and will bring boys in at outrageous hours. I am here to study and to keep myscholarship so I don't have to go back home. 

We get to my room with 1/2 my stuff and I open the door to see my roomate is not here yet, which means I get first dibs on which bed I want. The room is rather large compared to the campus' I toure with my parents. I start unpacking until it looks like how I wnt it to be. I have the mini fridge in a corner with the microwave and my roommate will be bringing a coffee maker. I have a storage area for like a pantry and my desk is under my bed since I had it on a loft. I put up a metal gate so I wouldn't roll off, I'm known to do that. I have my little closet full of all clothing, though I don't have that much as compared to most girls. Then I have cleaning supplies in there as well along with my shoes, which is basically just several pairs of converse, a couple pairs of vans, 1 pair of heels (mom made me pack them) and multiple flip flops and sandles. 

I'm not into owning too much, cause I have no intention on staying somewhere for longer than necessary. I have never been given a reason to stay. 

I have all my stuff set up and my bed is made so I guess it's time to go get my vespa from the shop I ordered it from. I leave the room and I put my headphones on. This was my life now, beautiful weather and a mother freaking ocean. I don't remeber the last time my parents took me to the beach. It was a long time ago, before they both were elected to office. 

We finally arrive at the shop and I can see my candy red vespa just waiting for me. 

I walk in and the guy who sold it to me is smiling as he sees me, "G'day Aly, I presume your here for the pretty thing in the window."

"Yes I am," I say with a bright smile on my face. 

"She's all filled up and just waiting for you to drive her," he smile at me as we walk over to get my precious. 

"Thank you so much Justin," I say as he walks it out for me. 

"You're welcome Aly, don't be stranger. I'd love to see you again," he smiles all cheeky like at me and I chuckle.