Night 14. Dawning Day [Final]

Night 14

Dawning Day - Final

Doff.

Doff.

Doff.

Clink...clink...

Bang!

I fell to the floor and coughed up some blood. The kick that came to my ribs was swift and painful but not completely unexpected. I was shaking, trembling from head to toe. I could feel the blood soaking in my hair and knew that Zero would be able to smell it even if I washed it out thirty times––

I was kicked in the ribs again, the crowbar slamming down onto my side with such a great force, I had to bite down on my lip to keep from screaming. I bit down so hard, I was amazed I still had a bottom lip at all.

I rolled onto my back, trying my best to ignore the aches and pains and focus on getting out of here, but for some reason all I could concentrate on was how warm my blood felt as it trickled over my skin.

"I told you to be good, Princess. But did you listen to me? No, and now look what you've gotten yourself into. That woman is going to use you, all of you and then what will there be left for me? Huh?" he kicked me again, and because there was so much of my blood on the floor, I slid across the floor and found myself against the wall. Trapped, "Why don't you listen to me? I'm only trying to protect you."

"You were supposed to protect me," I coughed out.

"Because that's what good fiancée's do, isn't it? But if I'm such a good fiancée, you would've told your stupid friends, that stupid Zero and your father about me, wouldn't you? Instead," he kicked me again. "You ran away, taking everyone that needed protection with you. Hoping what? That when you finally found Ichiru-kun that he'd ask that blood-monster of his to help get rid of me. Just like she got rid of the Kiryuu Clan."

"You were supposed to protect me because you were my doctor!" I snapped angrily and then his fist came down onto my head, ploughing me into the stone floor.

"You're a monster, Kira. If I didn't love you, no one would! What do you think Zero would say if he found out about your tainted blood? What would Ichiru do? He wouldn't love you," he grabbed my collar and lifted me so I sat up, "And now, you're going to use that tainted blood. We'll be rid of those damn Kiryuus once and for all and I'll have my precious cursed Princess all to myself."

"Is that why you're doing this? To get rid of them?" I asked, "How does bringing them back get rid of them?"

"They won't be your concern anymore," Bakemono – Monster as I call him in English because he didn't understand it – grabbed my face between his hands, "That's why you couldn't love me. Your heart was so filled with them, but they won't matter anymore."

"That's not why I couldn't love you. It's because I never wanted to love you," I spit in his face and he lost his temper again. He threw me to the floor and kicked me again and again until he got tired and started hitting me with the crowbar.

I didn't care. I'd been here before, a million times with the man that was supposed to help 'cure' me from my illness but instead sold my services to the highest bidder. My tainted blood was a mystery to me, but I kept it a secret for so long that I almost forgot about it...until someone that I loved died and suddenly reappeared a few days later, alive and well. Bakemono sold my tainted blood and altered it so it could bring anyone back to life if combined with the blood of a Pureblood.

I didn't know much about my power except for the fact that I could bring the dead back to life. I didn't know how, I didn't understand it. I didn't want too. If the other hunters knew, I would be even more of an outcast, I'd be held prisoner by the man I once called Uncle because Uncle Cross would consider me a danger.