Night 1. Memories In Mist [Part 2]

"We're home."

The three silver-haired boys walked into the foyer of the double-storey house and shrugged out of their coats. The crème coloured walls glowed white as the chandelier's light danced off the walls and lit up the room. Senji Kiryuu hung his coat up on the rack, the twins following his example as a woman came around the corner.

Her violet eyes were narrowed down on Senji, her slender arms crossed over her chest. Her light brown hair tied into a sideways ponytail that came over her shoulder. Her lightly tanned skin complimented by the long-sleeved white blouse she wore and black jeans.

"Hey honey," Senji said with an innocent smile.

"Don't you honey me," she snapped as she walked towards the twins and crouched down, "You boys were supposed to be home hours ago. What kept you, do you have any idea how worried I was?"

"Sorry Mom," Zero said as his eyes dropped down to the floor.

"Uncle and Auntie wee just saying goodbye to us," Ichiru said as he showed his mother his new toy, "Look at what they gave us!"

Their mother cocked her head to the side and took the toy gently from Ichiru's hand and examined the toy, "The couple from the butchery?"

"They gave you these," Senji said gently as he handed his wife the bouquet of flowers. The woman handed the toy back to her son and took the flowers, admiring the orchids, pale orange roses and daisies. She inhaled their scent and sighed.

"They didn't have to do that," she said softly.

"They also gave us this picture frame," Senji said as he put his arm around her waist and showed her the picture.

"Last Year's Christmas?" she looked at her husband who nodded, "Oh...how sweet of them. We'll have to visit them often."

"They asked us too," Zero said. "They said we're like family."

The woman touched her cheek, "How kind of them," she stared at the picture for a long while, shaking her head quickly, "Okay, boys, go get dressed for dinner. Senji, help me set the table. Zero, make sure Ichiru takes his medicine. Ichiru," their mother kissed his cheek. "Take all your medicine, okay?"

Ichiru nodded and followed his brother up the stairs to their bedroom as Senji followed his wife to the kitchen, where he watched her take a vase from one of the many boxes in the kitchen and fill it with water and put the flowers inside. Senji watched as his wife moved back to to stir whatever was cooking on the stove. He sighed and stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her. She leaned against his chest.

"We don't have to move," Senji whispered to her. "We can stay here, Azumi."

"You and I both know that we can't do that," Azumi whispered. "All Level Es in this area have been exterminated. And besides, we have to follow our orders. All Hunter Families have been ordered to go to where Kazumi Minako lives due to the major increase of vampire attacks."

"There's no evidence of that. For all we know, that crazy Old Man is doing this just to piss us off," Senji said into his wife's hair.

"Even so...you'd go just to see your best friend, right?" Azumi shrugged out her husband's arms and turned around to face him, "It'll be a chance for the twins to see some of their old friends again."

"So in the end there are a lot of benefits," Senji shrugged a shoulder, "Yagari will be closer, there's a lot of good schools in the area, a lot of kids their age with parents that have the same occupation as them. In the end, this'll be good for them."