Night 1. Memories In Mist [Part 3]

The room that Old Man Hunter left them in was big and seemed to stretch on forever. The room had double doors that opened up into the back yard where there was a ring of Bouncy Houses and Inflatable Slides and inside was an eight-seater sofa in front of a large TV screen that was just like a theatre screen, and a few boys playing a Racing Video Game. Bean bag chairs were scattered around the room where girl played with their toys and enjoyed tea parties or just talking amongst themselves. There were some boys outside kicking a ball around, playing soccer, trying to make goals. There were many kinds in the room playing with each other and whatever toys they could find. There were children that were younger than Zero and Ichiru, some were older, but they all knew each other form the Association.

All of their parents were Vampire Hunters, just like Zero and Ichiru's parents.

"This looks like fun, ne, Ichiru?" Zero looked around, distracted by all the toys in the corner, the racing game on TV and the bouncy houses outside. When Zero heard no response from his twin, he turned to glance at him, "Ichiru?"

Ichiru's sad gaze was focused on the floor, "We're the only twins."

Zero looked around the room, scanning the somewhat familiar faces, some you could see were siblings, but no one looked exactly alike, not like Zero and Ichiru. Zero turned back to his brother, "It doesn't matter Ichiru. They all have their brothers and sisters," Zero wrapped an arm around Ichiru's shoulders, "And I have mine."

Ichiru smiled at his twin. As he opened his mouth to say thanks to his twin, one of the Care Takers crouched down in front of them. She was pretty, long brown hair and green eyes. She smiled at them, "May I take your coats?"

Zero and Ichiru nodded in unison and in perfect unison shrugged out of their coats and handed them to the Care Taker who smiled and took them gently in her arms, "Why don't you two go play? I'm sure there is a lot you can do."

Zero took his brother's hand as Ichiru nodded at the Care Taker. Zero led his brother through the crowd of kids and toys. Zero turned to ask his bother what he wanted to do when a bright red ball hit him on his forehead and knocked him down to the ground.

"Zero!" Ichiru called, falling to his knees beside his brother and looking at him worriedly, "Is Zero okay?"

"Yeah," Zero said as he glared at the red ball in his lap and rubbed his forehead. He looked up at the person who threw the ball at him and came face-to-face with a blue-eyes girl who looked around the same age as them. She seemed so familiar.

She had long blonde hair that came down to her waist and big blue eyes. She had pale skin and wore a blood red sweater and a black overall dress with red stockings and black boots. Her hair was loose and fluttered around over her shoulders. She cocked her head to the side and smiled at the twins and held out her hands.

"Sorry Zero-kun. Can I have my ball back?" the girl asked in a low voice, but her smile was kind.

"Why did you hit Zero with the ball?" Ichiru demanded as he shot to his feet, "He could've gotten hurt!"

"Ichiru," Zero said as he took the ball and stood up slowly, "It's okay. It was an accident."

"Actually it wasn't," the girl said. Zero and Ichiru deadpanned and glared at the girl as she shrugged a shoulder, "Just wanted to say hi."

"What's wrong with walking up to us and saying hello?" Zero demanded angrily.

"There's no fun in that," the girl said as she stepped forward, "My ball, please?"