Chapter 8: Feelings

Start from the beginning

   He led you along a trail that ran behind your home's. It was peaceful and the scenery was nice. Oikawa was surprisingly quiet for once. He was looking around at the trees and lakes. For once it seemed like that mask he always put on was off his face for once and you could see him clearly. He looked so calm and relaxed. You liked this version of him. It was...real. 

   "You're staring," Oikawa said as he continued to look forward as he ran. You blushed a little but you maintained your composure. 

   "I like this you better," You said without thinking. Oikawa's eyes widened just a little. He just now realized that he had let his guard down. 

   "Yeah?"

   "Uhm."

   Oikawa looked down at you and smiled a kind and loving smile. It made you blush. This was the real Oikawa. He was still a complete child, but there was more to him now. It was like, for this one moment he wasn't afraid of showing you his true colors. 

   The two of you stared at each other for a while until the trail divided into two different sections. One was a dirt trail and the other was concrete. You started to go towards the concrete but Oikawa grabbed your arm. He pulled you in the other direction, to the dirt trail.  

   You look up at him. His hand was still wrapped around your arm. 

   "Why are we going this way? There's a dead-end a few feet up," You say, informing Oikawa. 

   "That's what you think," Oikawa says looking down at you with the same loving eyes. You blush a little but you keep your composure. 

   "If you try anything Flattykawa-" You begin but are interrupted. 

   "Oh come on, Shorty! I would never do such a thing!" Oikawa said, letting go of your arm. He looked a little hurt by your comment. 

   "Yeah, you would."

   "Why do you have such little faith in me!" 

   "Because you're you." 

   "So mean." 

   You giggled. You found it amusing, how you could get to him so easily. It was just so much fun for you. You loved seeing him all worked up. You couldn't explain it, but it gave you a feeling of fulfillment. 

   After about 10 minutes of jogging, you arrived at a beautiful clear lake. The sun was shimmering off it. The grass around the area was all healthy and it was covered by a bunch of trees. It was a very secluded spot. 

   Oikawa walks over to the lake and sits down on a large rock at the edge of the water. You quickly follow, sitting down on the rock next to him. 

   "So how many of your fangirls have you taken here?" You ask, looking up at the boy. He looks down at you with a serious expression. 

   "None." 

   "I find that hard to believe." 

   "Why can't you ever believe me Shorty!" Oikawa whines, while pouting like a child. 

   "Because your not the most trustworthy person Oikawa," You say with a neutral look on your face. Oikawa didn't say anything for a little while. It looked like he was thinking. 

   "You're the first person I've taken here, I come here to think about things sometimes," Oikawa says. This time he was 100% serious. 

   You start to blush a little. 

   Am I really that special to him? You though. Somehow you felt comfort in the fact that he only let you see this. Not just the lake, but this side of him. The relaxed and laid-back version of him.