Chapter 25: Spring Interhigh-Qualifiers (Part 2)

No POV:

   "Shorty-chan, please~," Oikawa pleaded. 

   You walked out on the bus, a tick mark showing on your forehead. The boy had been annoying you for the entire ride to Sendai City Gymnasium. 

   "No way in hell, Flattykawa. Now drop it," You order. 

   "It will only be for one day," Oikawa whines, following you to the building. 

   The rest of the team walked behind the two of you, your little argument causing people from other teams to stare. 

   Kunimi turned to the third-years. "What are they fighting about?" He asks, curiosity laced in his voice. 

   Makki sighs, continuing to look at your and Oikawa's backs. "Oikawa wants L/n to wear an alien costume for a full day as his reward for going to nationals, L/n thinking it's weird, is refusing," Makki states in a tired tone. 

   "That's because it is weird," Iwaizumi states, a look of disgust covering his face. 

   Kunimi blinks in surprise and confusion.  "I-I shouldn't have asked," He says, trying to get the uncomfortable image out of his head. 

   "No, you really shouldn't have," Matsukawa says, the same tired expression plastered on his face.  

   The four tune back into your conversation, only to be met with a very angry you. 

   "I swear to god if you don't shut up right this fucking moment, I will cut your dick off and shove it in your eye socket," You threaten, a shadow falling over your eyes as the urge to murder the boy consumes you.  

   Oikawa jumps to the left, putting more distance between the two of you. "I-I'll stop now," He says, shaking out of fear. 

   "That's what I thought," You say, finishing the conversation.  

   The entire team, including the coaches, look at you in astonishment. They can't possibly fathom your previous statement.  

   "I-," Makki says, unable to make a sentence. 

   "What did my poor ears just have to listen to?" Watari asks, wanting to pop his eardrums. 

   "L/n-senpai said she would chop off Oikawa-senpai's di-," Kimiko begins but is interrupted.

   "You don't have to restate it, Kimiko!!" Kindaichi yells.  

   Kimiko looks up at him with a blank expression. "But Watari-senpai asked-," She begins, only to be cut off once again. 

   "It was rhetorical, Kimiko," Watari states, a bead of sweat appearing on his head. 

   "Oh...Well, you should have specified," The dirty-blonde says in her usual, monotone voice.  

   The entire team sighs. 

   You and Oikawa look back at them in confusion. 

   "They're so weird," You say to the brown-haired boy standing next to you. 

   "No kidding," He agreed. 

   At that moment, you could see the pure rage on your teammate's faces. All at once, they charged after you. 

   "You're the weird ones!" Iwaizumi yells.

~~~~

   You watch as the team warms up for the match, a part of you feeling nervous. This is the Semi-Finals. It won't be an easy win.