Chapter 30: Sick Day

No POV:

   "Are you sure you'll be okay if I go to work, F/n?" Your father questions, gazing down at your blanket-covered body. 

   You rolled over to face the trash can located next to your bed. "I'll be fine, don't worry about me," You mutter in misery. 

   Suddenly the feeling of vomit traveling up your throat causes you to reach for the trashcan. Grabbing hold of it, you throw up.

   Your dad watches as you do this. "Yeah, that doesn't make me very hopeful," He sighs as you finish spilling your guts (literally). "I should just stay home..." 

   "No! I'm okay, now go!" You growl, shooting a glare his way while putting the vomit-filled can down. 

   "You look very intimidating when you can't even get out of bed," Your dad sneers, turning around and walking through the doorway to the hallway. "Call me if you need anything." 

   And with that, your father's off to work, leaving you home alone while you're sick. Oh, joy. 

   You look up at your wall, glancing at the clock. It reads 5:30. 

   Sighing, you turn over and falling back asleep.

~~~~

   BANG BANG!!!

   Suddenly, your awaked by a loud banging at your door. You sit up, a bit confused as to what's happening. Then you remember, you forgot to tell Oikawa you won't be going to school today. 

   With a loud grown, you stand up. Still feeling sick to your stomach, you approach your front door, swinging it open to reveal your brown-haired neighbor.  

   He doesn't look at you right away when you open the door. "Yoohoo, Shorty-chan~. We Should get to school before we-," Oikawa beings, but once he takes one look at your appearance, his eyes widen. "SHORTY-CHAN, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!? YOU LOOK LIKE MY GRANDMA WHEN SHE ROLLS OUT OF BED!!" Oikawa dramatically screams, pretending to be scared. 

   You glare at him, too sick to argue. "I'm sick, so I'm not going to school with you today," You state through exhausted eyes. 

   Oikawa blinks, staying quiet for a moment. Keyword, moment. He grabs you by the shoulders and vigorously shakes you. "SHORTY-CHAN, PLEASE DON'T DIE!!!" He shouts, being overdramatic. 

   You feel yourself about to barf yet again. "I will if you keep shaking me," You grunt, causing Oikawa to let go of you, a nervous look gracing his face. 

   "S-Sorry," He apologizes, chuckling nervously. 

   You grab the door frame, struggling to stand. 

   Oikawa watches this, his expression turning serious. "L/n-chan, where's your dad?"

   "Work." 

   The boy's face turns to one of disapproval. "Why is he at work when his daughter's sick?" Oikawa questions. 

   "He wanted to stay home, but I told him he should go," You sigh.

   Of course, she'd say that, Oikawa thinks to himself. 

   Your legs are about to give out on you, so you have to end this conversation quickly. "Anyways, you should be getting to school now," You say, trying to close the door on the boy. 

   Though your 'master plan' doesn't work, and Oikawa holds the door open with one hand. 

   "Let me take care of you," Oikawa suggests. Well, it's more of a demand.