𝟸.𝟻: 𝚁𝚎𝚍 𝙳𝚘𝚘𝚛 (42)

-Narrator's perspective-

"We should get her to a hospital." Camille suggested while holding a dried cloth against an unconscious witch's head, which was bleeding slightly.

"Whose fault was that." Danielle mumbled in annoyance, leaning on the side of the door while never once glancing at her brother. Whom in which was looking regretful for hurting the witch. If he had known that Danielle would act like this, he would have never done it.

"Oh, hello, darling." Kaleb snarked, a little more relieved that they weren't invited in. "Back to huff and puff and blow the house down?"

By the time he spoke, Danielle narrowed her eyes down to the witch who looked familiar to her. Now, where has she seen him?

"It's funny how often a person's sharp tongue can end up cutting their own throat." He threatened, forearm leaned on the doorway while he held the white oak stake in hand.

"Klaus, he's just a kid. Give him a break." The human out of them pleaded, more concerned for Davina.

"Yeah, she's right." said Kaleb. "You might wanna try a bit of lavender under your pillow. Does wonders for pillocks with anger issues."

"Okay, you're quite lucky you are shielded with this very cabin." Danielle said, pointing around the room they stayed in.

Agreed, Klaus was not fazed by his words. "I promise not to kill Davina. I said nothing of this insolent sod." He said and grinned when Camille pulled him to a much more private space to talk.

"You care for Davina and yet, I have never seen you anywhere near her." Danielle started, hands clasped together in front of her while her brother and Camille talked behind her.

"Trust me, love, I care more than you think." The man inside replied, looking over to the Mikaelson. Specifically, her ring caught his eye. "That's quite a jewellery." He pointed at her hand.

Frowning, Danielle looked down to her finger where her brothet Kol's daylight ring laid upon. She stayed silent while fighting in her thoughts whether she should make assumptions of her gut feelings.

"You've got a way with words." After the talk with Camille, he told her to go get the car to take Davina to a hospital. She complied and left to do as just. Klaus turned back around and jumped in the conversation.

"Well, I've traveled." Kaleb answered and stood up, walking up to them.

"You seem to have crossed continents... in order to weasel your way into Davina's good graces... thereby meddling in my family's business. Strange, isn't it?" He started and it all made sense to Danielle who stiffled a warm smile on her face.

"Unless it's your family business." Danielle crossed her arms, looking over Kaleb. "We have been waiting for your arrival, Kol."

That was when Kol chuckled and playfully bowed. "Then the jig is up. Hello, sister." He said to the girl who warmly smiled at him back.

"It's not that I begrudge you hitching a ride back to the land of the living. It's just that you're making all the wrong friends, brother." Klaus said seriously other than other. "And I have half a mind to show you how wrong you are."