𝟻.𝟸: 𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚆𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚃𝚞𝚛𝚗 𝙾𝚗 𝙱𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚋𝚘𝚗 (𝟷𝟹𝟶)

-Narrator's perspective-

Vincent Griffith was determined to keep the peace in New Orleans. He, as well as others in the city wanted no bloodshed. No more ruling it like it's a kingdom to be taken over but that wasn't the case when Marcel came back to his home. When Hayley went missing and Klaus had to stay, making sure he brings her back to their daughter. But the man realizes if word about Hayley disappearance went public, Danielle would no doubt come home right away.

Maybe Klaus wanted to delay of his search, hoping that his sister would know what was going on in New Orleans. He wanted to but... He wanted to do the right thing and that was to do everything he can to make sure Hope has her mother back before situation escalates.

"I tried every locator spell I know in every language I speak and I don't think it's taking me anywhere." Freya informs sadly to her brother who had his hands behind his back, looking at the map on the table in front of them both.

"Well, I guess I have to do this the old fashioned way. No doubt whoever took Hayley concealed their true location." He says with a painful sigh. "Make sure not to tell anyone and not spread of the word. The news will not go so well with the people in New Orleans. Words spread, chaos ascends."

"Wouldn't that be so bad?" said Freya, raising her eyebrows in suggestion. "Look, if I can just reach her with my magic- just a simple message, she'll be home in less than a day."

"No." Klaus says firmly, "I know that pushing out our sister in a hole she crawled in was our main objective for the past 7 years, but Danielle being here in this city would cause destruction. Especially now when Hope is home."

Freya crosses her arms, looked mad disappointed that made her brother exclaim silently. "You know she would want to help. Especially if it's Hayley that's missing."

"I know. That's why it's a terrible idea." He said, "I saw her, Freya." He confessed and Freya widens her eyes a little in shock. "Hope had a spell, made both of us see her talk to Elijah, hence the blood rain yesterday. You could've seen her- she looks different, desperate enough to talk to our amnesiac brother."

"Then what are you still doing here? Re-trace her steps back in France and talk to her in person." She exclaims furiously.

"Hayley is missing." Klaus reminds, "And no, I will not let you handle this by yourself. Danielle would never forgive me if I just turn a blind eye on this. Now, excuse me, my daughter is awake and I have no intention on being persuaded on her coming with me." He says finally and disappeared from thin air.

Just then, Hope slowed down once she came inside the room, to see only her aunt who looked at her come in. "Where's dad?" She asks, could have sworn that Klaus was just here.

"Finding your mom."

Klaus had done everything he could and even asked Marcel for help who just came home after a not-so-good conversation with Rebekah last. Hence, why he came back to the city in the first place. Gathering information was fairly quick and easy if Hayley was well known to many people here. He was moreover suprised to know that she was romantically seeing a human, Declan.

Oh, how the pain he could imagine when his sister would find out about this. Who knows, maybe she already know of it since the beginning. But, Klaus could only wish that Danielle ended up having no idea on what has been going on for the past 7 years. If she was, what more tragic could it bring in her lonely life?