𝟺.𝟿: 𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 (𝟷𝟷𝟽)

-Narrator's perspective-

As far as promises go, they come at real short notice. Sometimes, they never come at all and people never discussed it ever again. But that wasn't the case for Elijah Mikaelson who swore to protect his family, including Hayley since they found out she was pregnant with Klaus' child.

If being truthful, he had a little admiration towards the werewolf when they first met but that didn't last even a day. He sensed that Hayley wasn't interested at him and he was right. It got confirmed when Danielle came home, showing herself to Hayley. Ofcourse, Elijah never said a word and it was only a liking that came at an end.

But if he were to pursue Hayley, there would be a very small chance that he'd never meet Audelia Verlice. The Vampire who helped Hayley bring back the Mikaelson family. As if Elijah would betray Danielle by going to Hayley. He wouldn't do that to her. His own sister. Elijah learnt the Salvatore brother's life lesson. Never fall in love with your sibling's girl. It was pretty obvious on what not to do at life.

Funny thing is, Elijah felt everything for Audelia since they talked for the first time. He didn't know who she was but Audelia knows everything about him. Maybe it's the part where the girl didn't show any affection towards him whatsoever that got him hooked. For the record, Audelia was interested but was just better at hiding it. And Elijah didn't know that.

The time when Elijah killed Dominic in that party, the time where he thought that Audelia would be staying far away from him, was the time she knew that he wouldn't hide anything about himself. Don't get her wrong, seeing a man get killed will never be not horrible. But Elijah Mikaelson, interests her in many ways that the man doesn't know. They got closer, talking. Just talking and getting to know each other. Like what normal people do at a normal living life. And being with Audelia made Elijah feel like a normal person.

-Hayley's perspective-

I have been awake for a while now. I just opened the curtains to let the light in, making sure only a little so it won't be that bright to accidentally wake Danielle up from her sleep. The scenery of her sleeping... I didn't know how distracting it was. I couldn't even get up to take a shower and ended up staying in bed, falling in love even further with Danielle at the moment.

I never had a chance to watch her sleep since Danielle always wakes up first before me. This time was different since Elle hasn't taken a rest in weeks. It honestly worried me even though it was only rest. No Original Hybrid died because of sleep deprivation. I can just kill her for being so careless with rest.

Looking back to the past, I smiled a bit when I remembered how Danielle acted around me. When she would not look at me in the eye because she didn't want to hurt me. And honestly? That action itself convinced me that her being away was the right thing. Because no Mikaelson's significant other has survived. Take Cami as an example. Celeste, Tatia- Don't get me started on Estella.

That woman was the reason why Jackson was dead and why I got so overwhelmed with... Jealousy towards her and Danielle. Yes, yes, I admit I was jealous at that time. Even when Elle said that she couldn't hurt Estella made me want to rip my own head off. I had to be the one to hurt her when we were interrogating Estella and Tristan.

"Hey." Elle mumbles, opening her eyes and by the looks of it, she seemed well rested but looks like she wants more sleep. I smiled at the thought, "Were you watching me sleep?" She asks and her accent in the morning was just blissful to hear.