𝟷.𝟸𝟶: 𝙰 𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚛 𝚆𝚊𝚕𝚔 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚎 (29)

-Narrator's perspective-

While Danielle was walking around in the steets of New Orleans, she heard many people chattering while they walk past her. She didn't mind it and continued to exhale deeply, nothing more happened after the explosion in the bayou.

In her case, was quite peculiar but who wouldn't want a peaceful week anyways. She saw Hayley made her way to her, a bright smile on her face.

The smile only made Danielle felt warm but completely shook it away when the girl stepped
closer to her. "You're supposed to be in the bayou, Hayley. Did something happen?" She asked.

"No, We're suppose to talk today." She reminded. "Remember? I called you to meet me here?"

"Right..." Danielle trailed off, not really remembering how they talked earlier today.

"I just wanted to apologize." She started right of the bat making Danielle blink in surprise. "I know that when I left it made you upset and I didn't mean to."

"I think this conversation is long overdue, love." She said, walking past her but Hayley held her wrist making her hault.

In a pleading matter, Hayley exhaled. "I'm sorry, okay? I feel like a complete bitch when I saw you getting drunk, avoiding me all the
time-"

"-Hayley I had my reasons on acting out." She interrupted, not wanting to make Hayley blame herself for her own actions this past few months. "But it's not for the reasons you think."

"Then why are you dodging me, Dani?" She asked, really wanted to know- needed to know, in fact.

"It's complicated. My problems, my weight to carry. All right?" She assured but it didn't seem working when Hayley looked at her in disbelief. "I'm at lost. I don't know what to do. So, please. Just go back to your people before-"

Before she can finish, Hayley lets out an exclaimed gasp. She widen her eyes and looked down to her chest, seeing a hand shove itself in her. It all happened too fast and quick making Danielle's eyes widen, shuddering when she caught Hayley before she fell.

"No, no no... Hayley come on, wake up." She pleaded, biting into the flesh of her own wrist and placing it in Hayley's mouth. The werewolf was unresponsive and had her eyes open, looking up with no sign of life. "You can't be dead- You can't." Danielle shook her head, still having the girl's head on her lap while she desperately thought of a way.

The hybrid lets out a loud yell, feeling an intense pain behind her back. She looked behind her and almost lost consciousness over seeing someone she thought was dead.

"Good riddance, as they say." Mikael muttered, looking over to Hayley who was still dead. "Is that a weakness, I see?" He mocked, seeing how Danielle's eyes tear up.

Too shocked to even say a word, Mikael pulled her up to her feet, seperating the two girls away from each other.

"The great bastard's sister is in love with a filthy wolf. It's only fitting I kill her after you and that... bastard killed me." He threatened and shoved a familiar stake inside her chest, Making her shout in agony.

Danielle sat up, panting heavily as she looked around the room. She pulled her shirt down to see her chest, seeing a bruise on the very same spot from where she was 'staked' by the white oak.